ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Got any pics fella? What setup you got it on?

Rears are 10mm from bottom of threads.
Pass side front is 70mm from bottom of thread to lower locking collar,
Drivers is about 73mm from bottom of thread to lower locking collar to take into account engine weight.
Ill get some pics of how it sits but wont be until Wednesday now.
As for postage you need to ask them to remove it as it states in the advert that it is free to the UK, i think elsewhere in the EU you have to pay postage which is why it comes up when you checkout

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
genuinely crossed my mind...but im sure complications will arise lol

im sure if it goes wrong i could cut the strut mount plate thingys off the bottom of the coilovers and off the OEM struts and weld the OEM plate fingys on the coilies... Hmmmm

:coffee: i shall go think this over

3 Series touring
could always reinforce them with plates of correct spacing welded to them..

i can see me having an accident

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
could always reinforce them with plates of correct spacing welded to them..

i can see me having an accident

B reet!

Im gonna have a think about drilling the holes or even welding the OEM mountings, but doing so would void the warranty... :dead:

3 Series touring
surely we can contact the makers, as they would only need to change some settings on a CNC machine by 5mm(i think) for a custom jobby, the rest would be identical no?

even if we pay a smidgen extra

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
surely we can contact the makers, as they would only need to change some settings on a CNC machine by 5mm(i think) for a custom jobby, the rest would be identical no?

even if we pay a smidgen extra

I fink you might be onto something, i need to get some hub measurements off mine as im not sure if the ph1 is the same as the ph2

3 Series touring
Anyone who already has these....surely the TUV cert will have contact details and or an adress of the company that makes them?

then we are in ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ah.

Re the Ktec are they arent they........in MY opinion, the own branded Ktec stuff is pretty expensive with questionanble build quality. Would not suprise me one bit if they turn out to be the same units......... Raceland will be selling these units at that price and still making a profit....... so, hmmmmmmm!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
im looking at a set of these simply because they are cheap and im trying to make this car how i want it to be without spending to much, if they aint the same then b reet, if they are shame on u K-TEC :rasp:

Building on a budget ftw!

Megane 225 Cup
they couldnt be sold if they were that crap , so if they last the 2 years they have warrenty for thats good as i can buy another set and they still be cheaper than buying 1 se from k-tec !

3 Series touring
they couldnt be sold if they were that crap , so if they last the 2 years they have warrenty for thats good as i can buy another set and they still be cheaper than buying 1 se from k-tec !

probably could! but certianly not TUV approved!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

True.

I think i may get some measurements of my hub etc and give them a shout

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think (maybe its just me?) that cheap coilovers shouldnt be fitted to a sport? I mean we know that Renault over inflate prices, but £150 for a FULL set of suspension components seems TOO cheap imo. You can only just get x4 Eibach springs for that.........Surely the quality is questionable? The RS is renowned for handling, chucking a cheapy set of suspension wont do it any favours imo (had my fingers well and truly burnt with GAZ) I think these are fine for the non Sport versions only?

Megane 225 Cup
ill be honest , i only want them for looks as i dont drive like a tool anymore , just like to drive a nice looking reasonably fun car

so if the handling is either improved or the same ill be happy

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
the only off put for me is the lack of drop on the rear :S

ill be honest , i only want them for looks as i dont drive like a tool anymore , just like to drive a nice looking reasonably fun car

so if the handling is either improved or the same ill be happy

This for me also ^

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
I think (maybe its just me?) that cheap coilovers shouldnt be fitted to a sport? I mean we know that Renault over inflate prices, but £150 for a FULL set of suspension components seems TOO cheap imo. You can only just get x4 Eibach springs for that.........Surely the quality is questionable? The RS is renowned for handling, chucking a cheapy set of suspension wont do it any favours imo (had my fingers well and truly burnt with GAZ) I think these are fine for the non Sport versions only?

As ive already said if the quality was questionable they wouldnt get TUV approval..
Until youve either tried or been in a car with these fitted you are not in a posistion to make the assumption that these are not suitable for a RS model are you?..
Ive fitted them, they drive brilliantly and id hazard a guess on any RS that has done over 50-60,000 miles (ie shagged suspension that doesnt drive a Renault intended anymore) that they will bring a marked improvement in both ride and handling balance over a set of tired shocks...

Mk5 golf gti
As ive already said if the quality was questionable they wouldnt get TUV approval..
Until youve either tried or been in a car with these fitted you are not in a posistion to make the assumption that these are not suitable for a RS model are you?..
Ive fitted them, they drive brilliantly and id hazard a guess on any RS that has done over 50-60,000 miles (ie shagged suspension that doesnt drive a Renault intended anymore) that they will bring a marked improvement in both ride and handling balance over a set of tired shocks...

agreed mine has 75k an needs some new life in em
and for 160 its easy enough to make my own conclusion on them.im looking forward to it :D

Cooksport Fleet
Bondie, when you next free. We need to set the suspension up and take it up cheddar gorge for a bit of testing :)

Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.