ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Bondie, when you next free. We need to set the suspension up and take it up cheddar gorge for a bit of testing :)

Thursday?

Im in torquay from wednesday mate, back friday afternoon so cud do it then or saturday morning and cheddar in afternoon?? Dont want the back to low otherwise it will handel w**k, front need raising a lil now to, startin to rub againg, you do my decat to???

CLIO Iceberg 172
just found a stupidly long forum link over on the astra boys owners club site there is prity much everything answered and tested in it
http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=165135&highlight=raceland

i have had a good flick through and there is lots of pics scattered through with regards to these coiles
if you prove to hold up as well for the clios as they have fore the astras i might look into picking up a set.
wat i did see which i thought was intresting, Halfords apprently sell this kit too but its under the Janspeed logo for around the £170 mark, dunno if this is still the case
but its defently somthing to think about if you was worried about warrenty problems with it being through ebay and not a ahop with comback

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
just found a stupidly long forum link over on the astra boys owners club site there is prity much everything answered and tested in it
http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=165135&highlight=raceland

i have had a good flick through and there is lots of pics scattered through with regards to these coiles
if you prove to hold up as well for the clios as they have fore the astras i might look into picking up a set.
wat i did see which i thought was intresting, Halfords apprently sell this kit too but its under the Janspeed logo for around the £170 mark, dunno if this is still the case
but its defently somthing to think about if you was worried about warrenty problems with it being through ebay and not a ahop with comback

You contact raceland itself if you have any problems, email address comes with the coilovers.

Clio 182
You contact raceland itself if you have any problems, email address comes with the coilovers.
But didn't Raceland from Belgium said that they don't make coilovers for our Clio? Somebody allready wrote that. Coz i guess it's made in China and they are selling it under "fake Raceland" brand. But that's just my opinion. :eek:
TÜV is another mistery in that case. Is there any way to check it if it's real? I wouldn't be suprised if it isn't. Wouldn't be the first time...

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
But didn't Raceland from Belgium said that they don't make coilovers for our Clio? Somebody allready wrote that. Coz i guess it's made in China and they are selling it under "fake Raceland" brand. But that's just my opinion. :eek:
TÜV is another mistery in that case. Is there any way to check it if it's real? I wouldn't be suprised if it isn't. Wouldn't be the first time...

Raceland are bringing out new coilovers everyday for different vehicles, you only have to look at their website to see that.
What they may not have had in stock for the masses last week might not be the case this week.
Also i would like to see a copy of that email..
Another thing, if you look on the Raceland website the coilovers are identical to the ones i have in terms of finish right down to the C spanners being identical.
Make of that what you will.
Your always going to get sceptics when this kind of deal comes along especially when it looks like these are all but identical to the Ktec and others which are significantly more expensive, people are always quick to mock and put down.
Thats fine by me, just means its kept under the radar and the people who dont want to spend the earth and get a bloody good product for bugger all can remain happy knowing that some have spent over double on the same thing:cool:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Raceland are bringing out new coilovers everyday for different vehicles, you only have to look at their website to see that.
What they may not have had in stock for the masses last week might not be the case this week.
Also i would like to see a copy of that email..
Another thing, if you look on the Raceland website the coilovers are identical to the ones i have in terms of finish right down to the C spanners being identical.
Make of that what you will.
Your always going to get sceptics when this kind of deal comes along especially when it looks like these are all but identical to the Ktec and others which are significantly more expensive, people are always quick to mock and put down.
Thats fine by me, just means its kept under the radar and the people who dont want to spend the earth and get a bloody good product for bugger all can remain happy knowing that some have spent over double on the same thing:cool:

They may look the same but that doesn't mean anything, a fake rolex my look the same?

If a company that I was trusting with an important part of my car, emailed me saying they didn't make the part you have just bought on ebay, i would believe the company personally.

They could be bringing a million new products to market but they still have to know what they are, and if they aren't organised enough to know then there is know way I wanna use their parts on my car...

K-tec have said there not the same on a public forum, so if they are the same then someone is in alot of trouble (k-tec or the supplier). I dought very much that k-tec are lying.

Im not saying they are no good, but I personally am a bit wary of them until they are proven and raceland actually confirm they make the product. So if they turn out to be good then I may get some.

We have spoken to Raceland directly regarding supplying these. They have told us that they do make Clio kits, but will not supply the Clio kits to any other UK dealers. Make of that what you will, but I don't think you are buying "fakes".

Just incase it interests anyone, I also emailed the ebay seller. He quoted me a price of £150 delivered based on 10 sets, so if anyone wants to organise a group buy, you could contact him direct. Obviously, you would have to add forward shipping charges as they would need to be delivered to one address.

HTH.

Pete
Auto-Nation

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
We have spoken to Raceland directly regarding supplying these. They have told us that they do make Clio kits, but will not supply the Clio kits to any other UK dealers. Make of that what you will, but I don't think you are buying "fakes".

Just incase it interests anyone, I also emailed the ebay seller. He quoted me a price of £150 delivered based on 10 sets, so if anyone wants to organise a group buy, you could contact him direct. Obviously, you would have to add forward shipping charges as they would need to be delivered to one address.

HTH.

Pete
Auto-Nation

Thanks for clearing that up Pete,
As for whoever replied stating they had contacted Raceland previously and been told that they didnt make any kits for Clio's well it was either BS or they didnt make them **at the time**...
I know what cheap coilovers look like and i also know what expensive one's look like, ive bought enough in my 20+ years pissing about with cars.
I also agree in that you usually seem to get what you pay for but these coilies seem to buck the trend, they ride well, composure is great and the main thing is they have tightened up my 9 yr old 172 no end, for 163 quid im happy as Larry.

3 Series touring
Thanks for clearing that up Pete,
As for whoever replied stating they had contacted Raceland previously and been told that they didnt make any kits for Clio's well it was either BS or they didnt make them **at the time**....

http://www.racelandus.com/c-22-coilover-kits.aspx i referred to these as "real raceland"

asdfghjk.gif

:rasp:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

HTH.

Pete
Auto-Nation

Which UK dealer do they sell to then? Not K-Tec....

No, KTec have already said they aren't the same.

It could be anyone who is rebranding them............someone mentioned Jamex on here?

Or it could be lost in translation, and they don't supply any Renault parts to the UK.

I have a full list of everything they can supply from manifolds to strut braces to (bad) airfilters etc. and there are no Clio shocks on it................which is the UK suppliers list.

Don't read too much into this guys.

As far as the Ktec coilies go, a lot of things "look" like other products but are not anywhere near them in reality. The strut cases could be identical, but the actual shock, valving, springs etc etc may turn out to be made of cheese.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
No, KTec have already said they aren't the same.

It could be anyone who is rebranding them............someone mentioned Jamex on here?

Or it could be lost in translation, and they don't supply any Renault parts to the UK.

I have a full list of everything they can supply from manifolds to strut braces to (bad) airfilters etc. and there are no Clio shocks on it................which is the UK suppliers list.

Don't read too much into this guys.

As far as the Ktec coilies go, a lot of things "look" like other products but are not anywhere near them in reality. The strut cases could be identical, but the actual shock, valving, springs etc etc may turn out to be made of cheese.

I suppose only time will tell. But if the warranty stands up then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Tangoed Works
f**k me thats the price of a damper and spring isnt it? I wouldnt risk that on my car, what if you went through a pot hole and the whole thing disintegrated and snapped etc.

Im sure TUV certs can be bought like anything in this world

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Haha loving this thread now!

Loving my cheap collies more thou!

All i know is that ive been driving on them for 4 days now and they are awsome value for money!

Good old Bob.

Last edited:
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Still need adjusting so when i go down to cheddar with cookie il do them then when they are all sorted!

RS RIP
Raceland is pretty well known here in Holland. Well known to be cheap and to be left alone when wanting a bit of quality.

Mk2 172
TBH, they are £165 and have a 2year warrenty. If they break, i'll send them back. If they fail after 24 months, well then they are £165. I spend that on 2 weeks petrol. I'm not that fussed.

Yes you do have the warranty but not if the company stop trading that makes them or stop production altogether once they got rid of the massive run of them which i can guarantee will happen.
I bet these particular shocks and manufacturing company name they are made under dont exist in 12 months!!

Mk2 172
Raceland is pretty well known here in Holland. Well known to be cheap and to be left alone when wanting a bit of quality.

They will be dire and wont last 5 mins! if they are available to buy in at trade/import price then what the hell are they actually costing to make!!!
I wouldnt trust these to be even fitted to my car

Megane 225 Cup
never mind , if they die ill buy some different ones and only be 150 quid down

who knows they could last years , until we have reviewed them properly who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.