ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New type r, cupra & astra v clio

Has anyone seen the latest pics of prototype type r and cupra r and actual astra vxr.

Will the new RS clio match these looks and performance?

Weeman sucks ****

That Astra VXR looks the dogs danglies. I want one and I bet its a nice drive.

Hats off to Seat for being diffrent with their styling.

Ziel Nurburgring

Measuring it against different classes. The others listed have minimum 220bhp and are the next size up.

The spyshots of the new cars arent promising, ill wait till their unveiled at a motorshow. The CTR doesnt look promising and the Astra looks the nuts but is still burdened with the vauxhall badge.

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 11 May 2005
Measuring it against different classes. The others listed have minimum 220bhp and are the next size up. The spyshots of the new cars arent promising, ill wait till their unveiled at a motorshow. The CTR doesnt look promising andÊthe Astra looks the nuts but is still burdened with the vauxhall badge.

Nowt wrong with Vauxhaul mate, my mate had nothing but praise for his VX220 and the service he got from the dealership.

Not a Clio

ive never seen anything wrong with vauxhall either. Pure badge snobery! Like people who still think a car is sh*t because of the skoda badge.

I chose my Astra GSi over a Williams.

DC5

The new VXR does look the dogs, and I have already booked my test drive. I have driven a few of the Seat Cupras, and am yet to be disappointed with one of them, so I imagine the new leon cupra r should be just as good.

I havent seen any pics of the new CTR yet, but Im not the biggest fan of the current one (too slow:p)

If the new RS clio comes close to the looks of the VXR and the performance Im straight down my local renault dealer!

Silver Fabia vRS

Yeah Ive never had a problem with Vauxhalls and the VX220 is a very competent alternative to the Elise. I shall be booking a test drive in the new Astra VXR when the dealers have it.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 11 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 11 May 2005

Measuring it against different classes. The others listed have minimum 220bhp and are the next size up.

The spyshots of the new cars arent promising, ill wait till their unveiled at a motorshow. The CTR doesnt look promising andÊthe Astra looks the nuts but is still burdened with the vauxhall badge.

Nowt wrong with Vauxhaul mate, my mate had nothing but praise for his VX220 and the service he got from the dealership.
I dont have a problem with vauxhall, my mates got VX220T, loves it and praises the dealership.

As matt says below, i was commenting on Badge Snobbery.

I think at the moment there are no shots of the new Cupra R, only the Cupra. From what i hear, the Cupra will have around 220bhp, and the Cupra R will be gear to go against the top performers in the hot hatch bracket. So i guess the Cupra will go against the Focus ST and if and when they bring out a Cupra R this will be pitted against the RS. This is just a guess, but would have thought theyd do it this way.

Suzuki SV1000S

Is the Astra actually available yet? I know they have a 2.0 turbo already, but the new new one is 2.5 isnt it! I want a test drive, v interested..

DC5

No I think the VXR is also 2ltr, it just produces 240bhp. I think the dealer gets hold of them about July, and you can order 1 to get 1 about sept / oct

Suzuki SV1000S

mmm I never buy new though, So will wait till they have one in the showroom and then see if I can do the 3 day test drive. then get one when they are available 2nd hand (perhaps)