ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres have transformed car.

Clio 200
I have been after a new set of tyres for my 182 for a few weeks now and rather than buy new, I was hoping to land on a set of decent wheels with tyres included.
Finally got a set of gloss black Pro Race 1.2's fitted that came with part worn Yokohama ad08r's.

Ive just been out and after sorting out the pressures, given it a great blast on a back road. The levels of grip were astonishing and a huge step up from the Hancock V12 evo's that were fitted previously.

I think they cost twice as much, but seem to be in a totally different league. Car feels lighter, more lively with way better turn in.

Loving the wheels too, lower offset than standard so looks better and lighter too.

Clio 200
I know Pro Race1.2's have been done to death but I haven't seen many on a silver 182, so......

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

Clio 200
Thanks. Im always loathed to describe something as mint as it very rarely is, however the bodywork on this is as close as it gets. No marks scratches or even swirl marks.

Clio 200
I use the Werkstat acrylic kit, but love to spend the day claying and polishing. the previous owner really looked after it.

The wheels were bought on eBay for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Can sell mine now too, so will cost even less.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Another Clio/Octavia owner here, what Octavia do you have? Mine's a mk1 VRS.

I have AD08Rs on my Clio too - great all round tyres I've found.

Clio 200
I have a 2009 tsi vRS estate. Spent a small fortune on it, stage 2 map, full milltek, itg intake R32 brakes, eibachs etc etc. Was an absolutely amazing car and ridiculous in a straight line, that was until the cam chain tensioner failure last June.
Still fighting skoda attempting to get some compensation as its a well documented issue with the engine. Despite paying out for plenty of others, they refused my claim stating that they had 'no customer loyalty' as it had been serviced elsewhere. Crazy!
Already have a buyer lined up for when its sorted, but will miss it loads.

IMGP1817.jpg

172 rag
Octavia combi and Clio is the perfect combo. From school runs to rally support :yum:. Great choice
The only downside is that skoda has adopted the same mentality and attitude as the rest of the VW group in After Sales.

Iceberg 172
Were the hankooks that bad? There are mixed reviews and thinking about buying some wheels with them already on. Some people say they're eally good, others not so good. @Nobafett

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
More expensive tyres are better? Well there's something none of us could ever have guessed ;)

Clio 200
Were the hankooks that bad? There are mixed reviews and thinking about buying some wheels with them already on. Some people say they're eally good, others not so good. @Nobafett

No, they're not really bad at all. Car still handled fine with them on. I just found that when I pushed really hard they would understeer and didn't feel too great when turning into a corner hard. They are classed as a mid-range tyre and I think that shows.

Iceberg 172
No, they're not really bad at all. Car still handled fine with them on. I just found that when I pushed really hard they would understeer and didn't feel too great when turning into a corner hard. They are classed as a mid-range tyre and I think that shows.
Hmm, still better than my falkens on the rear and bridgestones on the front. I don't know what to do! haha

Listerine & Poledo
I just found that when I pushed really hard they would understeer and didn't feel too great when turning into a corner hard. They are classed as a mid-range tyre and I think that shows.

Front-drive car issues there fella, nothing unexpected.
Short of constantly tri-podding around any given corner, nose-plowing is the default behaviour of the car.
3wheels.jpg

Even then, that loaded front is only going to take so much

Clio 200
Yeah, I understand the characteristics of fwd cars, I was just trying to point out that I was impressed how premium tyres had really changed the dynamics of the car.

Clio 200
Hmm, still better than my falkens on the rear and bridgestones on the front. I don't know what to do! haha

Don't worry too much, I've had the Hankooks on for the last 18 months since buying the car. It's been a hoot to drive, both hard and pootling around. However, I was getting close to needing a new set and was looking at PS3's. Just wanted something with a little more grip.
Unless you hoon it around everywhere you'll be fine.

Iceberg 172
Don't worry too much, I've had the Hankooks on for the last 18 months since buying the car. It's been a hoot to drive, both hard and pootling around. However, I was getting close to needing a new set and was looking at PS3's. Just wanted something with a little more grip.
Unless you hoon it around everywhere you'll be fine.
Perfect answer thank you very much for your help!