ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres on front rubbing!!! Help!!

Static Low
Went and got goodyear eagle f1s fitted to the front this morning. Put my 5mm spacers on aswell.The tyres seem to be catching the edge arch when i turn. Rubbing on full lock etc.. heard about taking arch liners out and all this, but i dont really have a clue.

anyone help please?? :(

Static Low
nah, it was catching before the spacers went on. new tyres with alot of tread.. old ones were practically bald soo.. didnt rub.

Static Low
yep just 185/55/15s

and s**t i know i should have got 195/50/15 but thers nothing i can do about it now. really need some help with this just now

wait and see ;)
dont know then mate, your running coils i guess, more camber FTW should solve it rubbing on the outside

Static Low
im just not very knowledgable with things like this. anything to do with cars really :dapprove:

going to get the tracking set up on saturday. maybe they will help me lol

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
getting the tracking and camber done may help, and will certainly improve the handling, but i'd ditch your liners for sure. mine rubbed at 60mm so i imagine yours is worse! jack it up, take the wheel off, and it's just a few torx screws i believe. i hacked off the bits that cover the engine on the inside , pushed them into place and used a heat gun to mould them to shape, then tiger sealed them in place. plus used gaffer tape lol on the inside of the wing to body join by the door otherwise dirt sprays into the join, and used bathroom sealent around the repeater to stop water leaking through and leaving runny stains down the wing!
give it a try. the more you take apart, the more knowledgeable you become!

Static Low
thats alot for the info tremor.

very useful.

sounds like im just going to get it raised bout 20mm or so for the MOT though. Just to be safe. I tried doing that myself but im an idiot.

White Sti Hatch
Just rip the Arche liners out youll be fine mate.

For the Mot its piss easy to ramp the Coils up your self 10 min job each wheel !! Come show you if you want

Static Low
Just rip the Arche liners out youll be fine mate.

For the Mot its piss easy to ramp the Coils up your self 10 min job each wheel !! Come show you if you want

This sounds like some much needed hope to be honest Bio.

Ive already tried but i aint got a fuckin clue and i dont like fuking around with things

White Sti Hatch
This sounds like some much needed hope to be honest Bio.

Ive already tried but i aint got a f**kin clue and i dont like fuking around with things

Lol i love it....All you needs the C Spanners and maybe an Alen key if yours have a wee locking nut likt mine.

Static Low
lol i tried to do use the c spanners haha but eh wasnt really happening mate :dapprove:. f**k it man we could meet and have a photoshoot at the sametime