ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Wheeeels

A blue one
Heres my new wheels for my 1.2, keep lookin at the ones at the moment and think cheap chavy ones and also for insurace reasons i think renault ones are better choice. the ones i have at the minute are tsw modena's, anyone wont them??? 300 in brand new condish, no tyres. thanks gaz, what you think????

newwheels.jpg

A blue one
cus the people im with dont allow any mod's atall, so if there official renault alloys the look standard and i can say i got them with it on. get some pictures up tuesday once i changed the tyres over :D.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I like them 17s from a scenic arnt they? Get pics on the car I think they will look smart

A blue one
there 16 inch matey, i woudlnt go 17" too big i think, 16" perfect on a clio, nice set of tyres and lowerd will look smart.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
cus the people im with dont allow any mod's atall, so if there official renault alloys the look standard and i can say i got them with it on. get some pictures up tuesday once i changed the tyres over :D.

:S
:nono: Did your car come from the factory with 16's?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its still a mod. Regardless.

Insurance companies aren't stupid, they have data on exactly what your car came with out of the factory.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You'll be alright, just don't crash or drive like a tw@t and get pulled and it won't matter, but Tom is correct, I always used to think I would play it dumb and say "I thought they were standard, I bought it like that"

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When i had my 1.2 with 182 wheels on i didn't declare the wheels. I did declare the suspension though, which you would have to do if you lowered it like you say you want to. But earlier you said your insurance wont allow mods!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Wheels do look fantastic mate :)

I would declare them, or find a mod-friendly insurance crowd, don't dodge your insurance policy - you never know when you might need it and they DO try everything to get out of paying you back!

I even told mine that I had my standard wheels resprayed and put back on after I bought them!
Didn't cost me anything though ;)