ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new wheels affect the speedo?

Clio RT MK 1
Im looking to change my standard 13'"s on my mk1 clio to 15's. (turbines hopefully). Will this affect the speedo at all? If it does, is there anything i can do to fix it?

MK1 1.2 Clio Biarritz
Im looking to change my standard 13'"s on my mk1 clio to 15's. (turbines hopefully). Will this affect the speedo at all? If it does, is there anything i can do to fix it?

waits for someone to answer.... cuz thats what i wanna do myself :clown:

what mk1 u got there m8?

Clio RT MK 1
lol. It can take people ages to answer on here!

I've got a 1994 M reg 1.4 RT Clio in Brooklands Green. Only got it a few months ago.

Mazda MX5 1.8
well it depends what size (width and profile) tyres you have at the moment and what are going to be on the new wheels

generally you can get away with a 2 inch increase in wheel size without affecting the overall height

15s will be fine and wont make much difference

If you get turbines they're 15" so tyre size you run 185/55/r15 (standard size) or as most people do, run 195/50/r15 as they are a lot cheaper.

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
As long as the rolling circumference is still the same it won't affect the speedo. Google it, there'll be charts somewhere....

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
^^ true. Except they're a very odd ball size, I have trouble getting hold of them for cheap. and im in the business. You'd be better off with 185/55 V15

Clio 172 PH2
I shouldn't worry, i went from 14" to 17" ST wheels on my old focus and the rolling circumference only changed 20mm!! And that was with 45 profile tyres.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

You drive through a live speed camera at 10% + 3 and let me know how you get on ;) You'll be looking at 3 points and a £60 fine mate !

Where do people get these crazy notions from ? A friend of a friend of a friend said ..........?? Pmsl

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
My dad told me. He used to be a traffic cop! That was a few years ago, so may have changed now. But it certainly was a year or two ago.

can i also just point out that if you put a gps speedo in you car and keep it steady, your car will tell you your doing a lot quicker than you actually are. all cars come factory standard with their speedos slightly out.

i now do "54" through my local 50mph camera :)

jamie