ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels + new camera + quick clean

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I see what you're saying but surely having more weight inside or outside of the vehicle will make it slower?

120d M Sport
2118s look awful. Tiny little spokes and then no centre cap...Just says to me "trying to look motorsport"

I do like this car however, on the black 182 wheels it looked much better.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Only if they are 15x6, 15x7 are heavier. Iirc the one's fitted to clio's are the 15x7.

Correct about the clio one's being 15x7.

2118's are lighter than a 182 wheel if that any consolation. I presume the reason for not liking the unsprung weight is because it reduces grip? I'm looking forward to being able to see if i can tell the difference anyway!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How much should they weigh, popped them on a set of untrustworth scales just now and got 9kg?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
An R888 averages 8kg in 195/50/15 iirc?

What does an F1 weigh out of interest? What about a lighter wheel such as a pr1.2 or ultraleggera?

Sorry if its going a bit OT :eek:

Alot of hot hair over increasing abit of weight. Its like having a fat compared to a slim passenger, not going to change the world is it?

Jesus H christ, its a Clio not an Atom or Radical

Black Gold Trophy
^ Lol! The unsprung weight comments are great!
I honestly thought I was going to be brought up on my inadequate photography skills with the new camera!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Don't get menstrual, I was only saying.

2118's are HEAVY wheels. It's not a problem at all, I just think it's weird that people spend a great deal of time and effort stripping and pairing their Clios back, only to add 10kg's to the unsprung weight. Which is far worse than 10kg in the car iteself. LOL.

So was I, no menstruation here.

Alot of hot hair over increasing abit of weight. Its like having a fat compared to a slim passenger, not going to change the world is it?

Jesus H christ, its a Clio not an Atom or Radical

Thank you.

I didn't put the wheels on for weight, surprisingly i actually like them and the way the car drives on them over standard.
I'm a girl ffs - i mostly worry that it looks pretty.

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
good effort amy cars looking well, who gives a flying f**k what everyone else thinks tbh. Like you said your making the car look how u want it to look, hope you and jack are cool.

p.s pick mine up monday :) whoop