ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New camera - Learning from scratch.. (caged RB dailydrive) - Picture heavy

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
My girlfriend got me a new camera for Christmas, I love photography but I've never had a decent camera before, always used my phone til now

Its a Fujifilm Finepix S8500 and so far, I love it!

I know there will be lots of criticism as for my photo skills (lol) and my car.. but I'm loving it so far so I can take it on the chin.. just please, dont be harsh!

Over the next few months I'm gonna practice and learn photoshop, with the help of my girlfriend (Who happens to be pretty good at photoshop) in the hopes of becoming a better photographer!

alright enough waffle.. Here's a few of the pics I have taken today (took 57 haha) and I've uploaded them to photobucket so the quality has been dropped, all the pics are un-edited and I've been trying different settings / filters to see what works best for me!

Pics!

DSCF0173_zpsbdaaab5f.jpg

DSCF0174_zpsfc4fbca0.jpg

DSCF0178_zps68486fc5.jpg

DSCF0179_zpsc6380550.jpg

DSCF0182_zps6836e9e0.jpg

DSCF0186_zpsd68e2de4.jpg

DSCF0188_zps76e3d645.jpg

DSCF0190_zps737e98c2.jpg

DSCF0191_zps49fb3da9.jpg

DSCF0196_zpsbb235996.jpg

DSCF0197_zps4e2c961f.jpg

DSCF0201_zpsd5604528.jpg

DSCF0205_zps1974f0be.jpg

DSCF0208_zps7a79af91.jpg

DSCF0210_zpseb360d2a.jpg

DSCF0211_zpsf82f8e67.jpg

DSCF0222_zps3df1a3ae.jpg

DSCF0225_zps166535bc.jpg

and there we have it!

I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I'm happy to listen to constructive criticism and tips!

Updates to come soon, got some 4 point OMP harnesses on their way in the post, wheels will be sent off for a refurb as they are rough around the edges, need some new tyres, exhaust needs some attention and the front splitter is being replaced due to the damage, and I'm thinking of getting new brakes all-round, but all in good time!

Thanks for looking..

- Dano.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Car is really good. The only thing I'd change are the wheel size and the sticker on the back... And obviously fix the splitter.

As far as the 'tog work goes just keep practicing, read the stickies on here and go out and shoot.

Also sign up for Flickr. All other image hosting sites ruin the image quality.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Looks ace

Thanks.. shes on 93.5k miles, scrubs up well :)

Car is really good. The only thing I'd change are the wheel size and the sticker on the back... And obviously fix the splitter.

As far as the 'tog work goes just keep practicing, read the stickies on here and go out and shoot.

Also sign up for Flickr. All other image hosting sites ruin the image quality.

I've been reading a few stickies, also looking at other car related forums and digital photography forums, just learning how to hold the camera and what buttons do what at the moment haha

The wheels are 16" and I know most prefer 15"s, I just feel 15"s look too small in clio arches.. personal preference and all that, I wouldn't mind some Anthra 15" 2118's or White Comp mo5 / TD pro race 3 for tracking, but as daily goes, I love my 16" superLegs :p

The sticker was put on for a laugh and it kinda grew on me.. I'll probably get bored of it eventually.. along with the red wheels.. was just an itch I really had to scratch while I could :)

Flickr could be a good shout, thank you

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
As said above use Flickr! I'm not sure if it is because of the image hosting site you've used or if it's because of my iPad but the quality looks really bad :(

Awesome car though mate! :)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
As said above use Flickr! I'm not sure if it is because of the image hosting site you've used or if it's because of my iPad but the quality looks really bad :(

Awesome car though mate! :)

They look ALOT better on my laptop before I uploaded them, but they aren't perfect! I'm using autofocus and stuff, just point and shoot

Love the car to bits tho :D

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Don't worry about using Autofocus. I still use it, I'm pretty lazy though so just shoot in aperture priority and let the camera do the rest, only if I'm doing anything different like long exposures that I'll switch to manual.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Off-topic I know but the first photo I took on christmas day after unwrapping the camera is probably my favorite!

using a red filter and slight zoom, again photobucket quality haha

DSCF0012_zps4a6ac67c.jpg

:D

Nice to see some new shots with your sw**ky camera mate!

Better then the Gaii thing you had before.

*Buy a 3/4 front plate pleaseeee

Last edited:
  Focus st3 & t5.1 day
nice mate not sure on colour of wheels, would look better in white.

yeh, I've just really fancied red wheels since I first saw an RB on red turinis (member on saxp called Cal) a couple years ago, I'd like to refurb em a light anthracite colour Orr.... White :p

Really nice RB you've got there dude, I think the wheels would work better with the RB if there wasn't any white. The ride height looks perfect on the cup shocks & cooksport springs :approve:

thanks! I would like to get the cage painted red too, but it's so much effort, it can stay white for now! I'd also like to get the seat backs carbon skinned (not vinyl'd) but that can wait!

Bloody love that!!

Cheers, can't wait to get the omp 4 point harnesses fitted ;) soon as they arrive!

- try to avoid gimmicky and crappy techniques like black and white photos with a bit of colour. 90% of the time it just looks crap.

- try to think about the composition more. It just looks like you've parked up, walked around the car taking some quick photos for a 'for sale' ad.

- remember the rule of thirds.

- don't shoot in car parks.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Wheels are epic :)

Thank you, I was expecting to be shot down about the wheels but I really love them :)

- try to avoid gimmicky and crappy techniques like black and white photos with a bit of colour. 90% of the time it just looks crap.

- try to think about the composition more. It just looks like you've parked up, walked around the car taking some quick photos for a 'for sale' ad.

- remember the rule of thirds.

- don't shoot in car parks.

- I was just trying out the cameras filter settings, seeing what they do!

- I had just parked up to take photos, didn't want to move about too much, felt like I was being watched and just wanted some new clean photos, plus my girlfriend was cold, didn't want to leave her standing about for too long haha

- I like Carmarthen multistorey for pics, it's fairly new built, well lit and relatively clean, finding decent locations in this weather is tricky! Roll on summer!!

Thanks for the input, I will learn eventually :)