ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels on the M3……not sure….

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Picked these up from Swindon on Thursday night, mainly for the tyres but thought I fancied something a little different, not quite sure what to think though…!

CSL's will be refurbed and then I'll keep both sets I think, and just swap them over when I'm bored.

5376A859-89D1-4B4A-B20B-A1E2C58B65E7_zpseljpfsor.gif

2DD9CBB1-80A9-4A55-AC11-0E00C7837B98_zpsxjial6ll.gif

57209F27-91A9-41CE-8B56-29C0ECB2F7B2_zpsho9pwwev.gif

FC1A1887-E7E6-4978-9346-8180C3C251A0_zpssams34pp.gif

7BE033DD-415C-4100-BEDA-F5049B74BFB3_zpsszyfgsi2.gif

Pretty sure I'll get some abuse!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love the wheels, a lot, but they do t suit an M3 at all. They'd look cool on a diesel audi or a standard decked 318i but an M3 not so much.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Maybe better with silver centres??
It does look better in person than the pictures in all honesty….

I think you've taken two very nice things and put them together to create an awful stereotype.

If it was a 318 msport CS would be screaming to burn it. It just looks like any other half-hearted attempt at gangster/scene/euro/slammed/apparently-it's-cool-to-not-get-over-speed-bumps.

Even half the modified cars here on turinisport.com seem to have BBS reps. As such this style of wheel no longer makes me think 80s/90s Le Man & European touring cars.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
If they were LM's then they'd suit it, but those look better on older cars IMO.

Fiesta ST-3
Not the greatest, but I've definitely seen worse wheels on an m3.

Certainly wouldn't be in a massive rush to get them off if they had good tyres.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
NEVER change std m3 wheels unless its for csl's everything else looks shite ! Love the car thou ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Spending money because you're bored is never a good idea.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Spending money because you're bored is never a good idea.

Not bored…they have good tyres which was the main thing, just hoped they'd look better than they do! We all make mistakes!
But they'll do while the CSL's are redone and then keep the tyres and flog them I think.

Got to try these things!