ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Windows Laptop

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
im a Thinkpad *****, i love them, i always buy 2nd hand a few years later though apart from my current machine i bought new. I currently have here we go lol....

IBM T23 (my first laptop, just never got round to selling it, i maxed it out spec wise about 6yrs ago a mighty 1.2GHz PIII-M with 1GB of ram lol!
IBM T40 solid, slim, light, used to use it when i was on the move but donated it to my sister, shes not that keen on it as its "boring" to look at with no webcam etc lol! (upgraded to a 2.2GHz P-M, 2GB ram, fastest IDE hard drive i could find! flys in windows xp for what she uses it for!)
Lenovo X61 (this was my machine i replaced the T40 with, little 12" machine, i spent a BOMB upgrading it to a 2.5GHz core 2 duo as the cpu's are soldered onto the motherboard so sourced a brand new replacement with the 2.5 LOL cost me about £300 just for that! also runs 8GB of ram, OCZ SSD. i like it to much to sell it, im one of these people that holds onto stuff!

and my new machine that i replaced the X61 with as my daily is a Lenovo X121e, Intel i3 1.4GHz, 8GB ram, SSD etc love it, its brilliant!

We have 80 or so R60e (IBM/Lenovo) at work, they've lasted about 6 years so far! Great laptops. Finding a lot are breaking at the hinges though, common fault.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
does the r series have the metal hinges like the T series? Yeah they r pretty bomb proof apart from some t4x series machines have ati gpu issues un soldering themselfs and t61p's before a certain date have nvidia gpu issues too

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
does the r series have the metal hinges like the T series? Yeah they r pretty bomb proof apart from some t4x series machines have ati gpu issues un soldering themselfs and t61p's before a certain date have nvidia gpu issues too

Yeah that's them, they seem to unscrew themselves as well lol, the amount of times I've gone to take one apart and the screws only have a few threads held in.

Good machines though!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Lol @ arguing with KDF.

You-dunn-no.

If Chuck Norris was in IT he would bow to KDF.

Hmm, everyone is entitled to an opinion though eh? I wouldn't buy the Acer over the Asus or the Lenovo but they aren't as bad as they are being made out to be.

How about the opinion of Acer's very own CEO ?? and I quote

Acer CEO J.T. Wang said:
CEO J.T. Wang also recently told Dow Jones that his company will stop making "cheap and unprofitable products." So, which is it? Will the manufacturer keep churning out the low cost (and even lower specced) machines that it managed to sell 1.7 million of last quarter? Or will it stop "[blindly] pursuing market share" with affordable, but poorly made crap?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/09/acer-will-stop-making-cheap-crap-but-keep-selling-netbooks-dis/

:D

Audi TT 225
Last edited: