ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Wireless Router Help

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Jumping on this thread for help.

My Wife will be working from home, We have a garden room she wants to set up in, issue is getting internet out to it.
We had a Plusnet router and a Netgear Wife Extender which was patchy at best.
We're now with EE and it doesn't pick it up at all.

Anyone able link me up with anything not overly expensive that will improve/reach to the garden room.

Not sure on the exact distance but router is the dot in the house and the other dot us the garden room she wants to work from .

Screenshot_20200401-184456_Maps~3.jpg

Edit - Just done a quick rough measuring and about 16 metres.

Clio 172 Cup
Did you get a laptop mate ? Guy on here did me a great deal and set it all up brand new delivered really cheap, sorry just caught on this thread. Hope you get it sorted

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Jumping on this thread for help.

My Wife will be working from home, We have a garden room she wants to set up in, issue is getting internet out to it.
We had a Plusnet router and a Netgear Wife Extender which was patchy at best.
We're now with EE and it doesn't pick it up at all.

Anyone able link me up with anything not overly expensive that will improve/reach to the garden room.

Not sure on the exact distance but router is the dot in the house and the other dot us the garden room she wants to work from .

View attachment 1462809

Edit - Just done a quick rough measuring and about 16 metres.
Been in a similar situation the only way to get a good connection is running a cable. Everything else is always patchy.

Cat5 is dirt cheap