ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie-182 buying advice

hi guys! ive been reading these forums for a while now and have decided to take the plunge-im gonna get myself a 182:)(with cups naturally) and see what all the fuss is about. need some advice on where to buy from in the North West area, confussed about imports vs uk cars and the deals car supermarkets are offering.

Your advice much appreciated!!!

The imports will command a lower second hand value compared to the UK cars but then you will have paid less in the 1st place. They also do not have locking wheel bolts, alarms or etched glass IIRC. You can get good deals on pre regd cars too but usually you can beat a dealer down to a good price if you know the figures aim for about 13k or just under for a UK dealer supplied non pre regd car.

Try Chester to buy the car, although they win the award for most incompetant dealer and have terraible customer service ever but there supposed to be always very cheap.

If not try Speed six in Wrexham there excellent customer service and are goo for warently work but Id imagine there way more expensive to buy from.

PS, dont buy the 2 182s for sale outside the Chester place there ex demo cars and Ill vouch for there terriable treatment.

Clio 182 & C5 VTX+

I got mine pre registered from Arnold Clark in Warrington for £11900 (with cup spoiler and metalic paint but no cup suspension). Only 8 miles on clock on delivery but I am on documents as second owner.

Depends really on if you want one now, or wait 3 months.

Available now from supermarkets e.g. motorpoint burnley, maybe Barkers of preston, etc. but these will be imports.

If you dont mind the wait try Lloyds carselect, uk car, first owner etc.

Hijacking the thread for a sec - where do the imports normally go if they didnt end up here?

I mean - they are right hand drive so theyre not bound for Europe. Yet of course, technically, every Clio is an import since they are all imported. So are the RHD non-uk cars normally destined for the likes of Australia or Japan - or are they UK destined cars that just never have the alarm and what not fitted when they arrive here? Just wondering really.

You can order a right hand drive car in a left hand drive country so all they do is order 10 RHD Clios and at the foreign price and then stick them on a transporter when they arrive and ship them to blighty.