ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie advice for track wheels

Clio ff 182
clio 182 newbie, i need some advice as im purchasing track wheels by tomorrow and am unsure, so the car is is 2005 182 full fat and will be mainly tracked, im liking the OZ ultraleggera wheels , so i have read diferent reports about arch rubbing etc , so are 7 inch too wide ?

afaik the ultraleggers are et37 and 7 inch wide, will these be a problem on my car with eibach pro srings and will evntually have coilovers etc, the plan was to get the ultraleggeras with yokohama 08dr 195/50/15 tyres.

is there a definite trackwheel tyre setup that will not give trouble?

i have narrowed it down to 3 choices
oz ultraleggera
speedline turini
team dynamics pro race 1.2

any advice please

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I’d go

Pro race 1.2 with ado8’s or similar.
Et35 and unless really low you should be ok.

Clio ff 182
Have not got them yet
Just fitting eibach pro kit this week and see how that is then will go for the coils later
Depends how it works on the track i use

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If you are going to have 2 sets of wheels one for track one for road then my advice would be go with a better dedicated track tyre. R888R, AR1, V70a, ZZR, DZ03G, A048 or similar. The AD08R can start to get real greasy and overheat after a few hot laps IME.

If youre using just the one set then the AD08R is a good all rounder and half decent in light rain and damp conditions, shite in standing water and as above not great on a dry track in the hot months.

A 7J rim is the max size for a 195 width tyre and will look a little stretched also leaving the rim exposed to kerbing, but you should be OK clearance wise. See below for comparison presuming youre on OE cup wheels.

Screenshot_2018-08-06-22-00-58.png

Last edited: