ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie: Artic Blue RS 182...56K Beware

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Hi all!

After reading pretty much everything on this site for the last week or so, i thought it was about time to say hello, so hello! A bit of background: I'm 21 years old and I previously owned a Mk2 1.2 8v Authentique - Why or why you probably ask? Answer is i was an in-experienced 17 year old car buyer and didn't have a clue what to look for! After driving that car for 3 years it was time for a change...something special, so i parted with it and bought an Artic Blue RS 182. These cars are fantastic! Do you ever get the feeling that people don't have a clue what these cars are capable of until you leave them standing at the lights? Usually they think "it's just a Clio" - Next thing, you are gone. Enough said?

Anyway, i've had this car for approx 2 months now and i love it. It brings a smile to my face everytime i get in it! A lot different than at 1.2 8v as a lot of you can vouch for. I've read on so many occassions that members went from a 1.2 to a 182 - Big difference.

I have a lot of plans for this car in the New Year (and i will list them below), so for now, and as you can (hopefully) see, my car is completely standard.

ClioNew4.gif

IMG_0911.gif

ClioNew.gif

ClioNew3.gif

Apologies of the various sizes - I'm still learning how to re-size them. For those of you who are into camera's - I have used my Canon Digital IXUS 700. Apologies for my camera taking skills!

Plans are:

Silva-Tec Bulbs - A needs must!
Viper IK
Coilovers - Not sure which ones - Idea's?
Carbon Bonnet, Carbon Front Splitter, Cabon Engine Cover, Carbon, Rear and Upper Front Strut Brace(s) from K-Tec
Cobra Imola Bucket Seats - (Fixed, and in Carbon)
Lightweight 16 Inch SuperLeggras in Anthracite or Turini (Trophy) Wheels

Then...

Engine work. I've heard a few guys on here know a thing or 2 about tuning the 182 lump so i will be PM'ing them into the NY - More info would be good though! Hoping for around 1000kg (or less) with 200bhp (or more).

Comments welcome...Tyson.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
nice car mate and very nice plans.
i think the best coilovers to go for if you can afford (and by the looks of it you can) are the h+r set.
you should go for the lightweight wheels from k-tec as theyy are lighter and they are also dark coloured ... would look hot.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thanks for the comment!

I'm on very good money for a 21 year old, but i thought the HR Coilover set were only made for the 172? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Tyson.

Golf R/Leon FR
hi dude welcome to the club, nice 182.
as for coilovers depending on what you can afford, H&R or FK's.
wheels either super legs or turini's will look awesome.
engine wise best speaking to Yozza, or benr.

where you from dude?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Garf172 said:
where you from dude?

Manchester mate. Holding it strong in the NW, lol. I've noticed that not a lot of members are from my neck of the woods? Could be wrong though.

Are HR Coils the ones to go for? How much we talking? I'm not shy with money, but everything has limits!

Stu_F - I wont be doing much to the exterior. Wheels and Front Splitter only.

Badinvincible - Thanks, and lol (i'm guessing that was a Tyson related joke?)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Tyson-182 said:
Thanks for the comment!

I'm on very good money for a 21 year old, but i thought the HR Coilover set were only made for the 172? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Tyson.

yeah with those plans you certainly are. :p

im 19 with a 182 ;) but cant afford the mods ...yet :D

as for the coilovers .... im positive u can get h+r ones for it ... im sure i saw them on k-tec website and ive deffinetly seen a few pics of 182's with h+r's
:approve:

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Tyson-182 said:
Are HR Coils the ones to go for? How much we talking? I'm not shy with money, but everything has limits!

yeah i would say so. will set u back about £750 i think plus about 200/300 fitting ?!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
glasgow182 said:
im 19 with a 182 ;) but cant afford the mods ...yet

19 with a 182? Crikey that is very good going! Hows the insurance? Good thing with mine is that my boss paid the insurance for me - 2.1k!

£750 for HR's is what i had in mind so spot on really. Pictures of 182's with them on would be helpful! Opionions also would be good. :D

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Tyson-182 said:
19 with a 182? Crikey that is very good going! Hows the insurance? Good thing with mine is that my boss paid the insurance for me - 2.1k!

£2100 ???? :eek: :eek: :eek:
im only paying £1100 :D :D
lol

MINI JCW
Very nice car mate, i think the colour is gorgeous.

Not sure if you have heard of Morego (sister company of BBR) they claim 202BHP for just under 2k you may want to check their website out, i know some on here will doubt those claims but they are a very respectable tuning company

www.morego.co.uk

welcome to cliosport as well!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thanks for the welcome and comments guys. My insurance is that much because i bought my Authentique brand new with cash, so i chose to go on my dads policy and stayed on that for 3 years, so i dont have any NCB's!

On the up side and as i mentioned before, my boss paid my insurance premium off for this year so i'm happy enough, plus i bought the car with cash again, so my only outgoing on this car is the petrol bill!

Tyson.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yo and welcome fella,

pm andygdi for some tuning help, although he is based in cambrdge and your in manchester!

Golf R/Leon FR
Tyson-182 said:
Can Fred source them for cheaper too? Where is he based?

Tyson.

fred's based in the midlands, not sure if he can get them cheaper for you though. but he's the man to see about suspension and wheels, he does wheels refurbs too.

drop him an email at FATBLOTA@hotmail.com

Lux'd Glacier White R26
omar said:
Keep us updated on your mods.

Certainly will Omar! 182 bhp in standard trim is enough power for a small hatch, i'm just looking to put it on a diet, and try and get around 200 bhp / tonne (or more), then look to do more engine work.

I've heard good stuff about GDI so i will PM him/them in the NY.

Thanks guys. Tyson.

H&R's As far as im aware currently dont make a kit for the 182. I searched for ages but only the 172 (which i previously had on my old car) was available, the bolt spacings on the struts are different so they wont fit a 182. I saw a link to a german site which listed RS3 mit sportpacket (or similar) so it may be they are about to be or just been released but not seen any listed in the UK. As for price the old kit can be had for about £650 if you look hard but i have seen them priced upto 1k. Well worth the money though as my 172 was perfect with them fitted. They drop -25 to -75 at the front and -20 to -55 at the rear.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I had previously read that HR didn't fit on to a 182. Does anyone know if they're developing or adapting their Coils so that they fit to a 182?

What work has anybody had at GDI's? Gains/costings, etc?

Tyson.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Tyson-182 said:

£750 for HR's is what i had in mind so spot on really. Pictures of 182's with them on would be helpful! Opionions also would be good. :D

im the same mate, 19 with a 182. insurance is not something i like to talk about :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
sweet mate :) i've got a cup at the mo with H&R's and they are awsome, i'm not aware they manke any to fit a cup packed 182 cos of the reasons listed above..... i have a thing for buying a black 182 at the mo..... hmmmmmm what to do??!!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Tyson-182 said:
I had previously read that HR didn't fit on to a 182. Does anyone know if they're developing or adapting their Coils so that they fit to a 182?

What work has anybody had at GDI's? Gains/costings, etc?

Tyson.

if you need any help on which mods work well, just pop me a line

manifold work from AWT and SMT fuel mapping work well as an initial step.

Andy

really nice car, well polished

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thanks Andy and thanks guys. I'll pop you a line in the New Year when i've sorted a few other things out. I dont mind travelling so i'll be coming down your neck of the woods soon enough. Do you have many time slots available during Jan Feb? I'm unsure on how soon you need to book? I'm guessing you are mad busy?

Neil G - The re-sale value doesn't really bother me, as i plan to keep this car for a long while, plus when i do come to sell it, i can just put the orginal items back on. I'll get my use out of it, then sell it on.

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated!

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
mrc300 said:
well nice that is. best colour for 182.

^^^ Agreed mate - I was looking at black, but my first car was black, and a pain to clean! Opted for Artic as it doesn't show quite as much, and when you do clean/polish it - it really shows and stands out.

GT_Gaz - Get Artic or Racing, you know you want too...;)

Tyson.

H&R dont make a 182 cup susp coilover

go for LEDA coilovers

do a search on here. expensive but they'll be the best ya can get..

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Cheers Guy. I saw a chap on here with a Silver 182 with LEDA coils - I believe he's had engine work too from GDI. Be good if he can give me a heads up on LEDA? Prices, etc.

Tyson.