ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie: Clio RS200

Clio RS200
Hi all
Put a deposit down today on a FF white RS200 with the Cup pack, 61 reg with 14k. Rather excited to say the least!
In the West Yorkshire area so looking forward to attending any meets.
Cheers
A

RB Clio 182
Hi all
Put a deposit down today on a FF white RS200 with the Cup pack, 61 reg with 14k. Rather excited to say the least!
In the West Yorkshire area so looking forward to attending any meets.
Cheers
A
Nice mate, im from Near Pontefract, where in yorks you from?

Clio RS200
Thanks guys, getting excited now but I have a crappy week of work to navigate through first.
What are your verdicts on the 200? Anyone owned a 197 and a 200? Are the differences large?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
not really

The cupped ones have a quicker rack, that IMO is the main difference. Speed wise can be the difference between a good 197 / bad 200 or vise versa. The 200 feels a bit keener low down, but thats mainly down to the shorter gearing in 1st/2nd/3rd than any engine changes.

Clio RS200
Got it today, what an awesome car. Really impressed so far. Read a few reports about performance being a bit disappointing, but mine feels like a rocket ship!
Rubbish rattling coming from the boot, but having searched around the forums a bit it is most likely to be the boot catch so I will have a go at fixing that tomorrow.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Why didnt you buy mine lol!

Enjoy it mate. Liked mine initially but the complete lack of torque becomes very annoying very quicky lol!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome.

They're essentially the same car.

Although I couldn't get away from my mates rs200 with an akra exhaust and induction kit (I genuinely did not expect those to make any difference) in my rs197 Renault sport cup ff f1 team r27 (with a shitty aftermarket exhaust) in a straight line.

Clio RS200
Seems quite torquey low down peedee? High revving 2-litres aren't known for it I guess, but it doesn't feel like a slouch anyway.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Seems quite torquey low down peedee? High revving 2-litres aren't known for it I guess, but it doesn't feel like a slouch anyway.

That is true mate. I don't think it helps if you've come over from forced induction. It does come alive after 5k, but who drives around at 5k? I guess if you've come from something like a 1.4 / 1.6 N/A, it would seem quick! On another note, I have it a good clean today......I have to admit, she does look good lol

LY 200 EDC LUX
No Recaros, but Cup chassis yep :smile:
Does FF 200 mean Recaros?
No mate. The recaro's were an option (and a necessity IMO!). Fatties will say that they're uncomfortable on long journeys, but I think they're brilliant. Only superseded by full-leather corsa VXR recaros.