ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from the midlands

clio 172, pug 106 gti
Hi

I've just brought a clio 172 and pick it up next weekend :) cant wait. Usually a Ford boy but i've now got a pug 106 gti im going to do up as a track project and the 172 for my daily drive.

The clio will be staying standard bt having a quick look around the site i woulnt mind a few subtles mods such as a carbon front splitter and maybe a spoiler.

Whats the difference between a cup and a trophy spoiler??

Thanks

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Trophy one is a bit bigger like a bigger sweep duck bill like. cup one is the one to go for imo

Welcome mate, where about in the midlands are you?

keo

Clio Trophy
hi phill i am from stoke so not far, i pick my trophy up at the weekend, if you fancy meeting up some time? I have currently got a black 106 gti and i had a cherry before it which i miss lol

clio 172, pug 106 gti
Hi!

I pick the clio up next sunday!! Yeah have to get a meet going! My gti is china blue and i got parts stashed in my nans garage ready to fit when the weather gets warmer! Got a saxo vts at the mo but is not to my likeing so its going!! Had a focus st before that!

Did you do much to your pug??

keo

Clio Trophy
i had a cherry red one before, i sprayed the raptors graphite first and it was lowered it looked goo, then i put white cyclones on it and i think it looked better. Put an induction, four branch and pugsport on it as well, it sounded like a rally car shooting flames becasue my lambda sensor was nackered lol.
Now i have got a black non sunroof, lowered on standard silver raptors and colour coded bump strips.

What did you think of the focus ST? I thought about getting one but in the end i wanted a smaller hot hatch so thats why i have gone with the clio. I had a civic type r as well befoe i have nvere been so disapointed in a car, wasnt impressed with it barley kept it 6 months lol

n896190323_4709778_7290.jpg

clio 172, pug 106 gti
I loved the focus st, it was running 330bhp and was in the best colour! Orange. Sold it in october but have seen it on e bay last week!

My pug has manifold full exhaust etc. Got new seats, 4 pot brakes, cage, carbon bonnet etc all to get fitted!! Your cherry red looks nice!!

clio 172, pug 106 gti
I'll get pics of both cars at the weekend! Got loads of all my old cars to. Fiesta zetec s's to a Focus RS, two focus ST's and now back to the smaller hot hatches! :)

keo

Clio Trophy
You have had an RS thats another car i would love to try, you should come along to a 106 owners club meet, when i have had 106s we normaly have one once a month in the west mids area, i think i have attened more meets when i havent had a 106 though purley becasue i met some good freinds through it

clio 172, pug 106 gti
Yeah had an RS. That was running 300bhp and it was such a nice car. Only sold it because i made a 2k profit on it!! Yeah i defo will be attending some meets in the clio or the pug. I go on the 106 owners club and have brought the car and quite a few parts from there to!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Guys if its a meet you want check out the local meetings and scroll down to "ladybower",there`s a meet there next week and its looking like 30+ are going to turn up,its in the midlands section.:cool:

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
hi phill i am from stoke so not far, i pick my trophy up at the weekend, if you fancy meeting up some time? I have currently got a black 106 gti and i had a cherry before it which i miss lol
My neck of the woods, i would recommend the drive out to buxton, taking in the B5053 and B6049 to name a couple of the cracking roads.

Clio 172 exclusive
Hi Phil, ive just joined also! and live in the midlands Near Tamworth! also picking up a 172 Exclusive at weekend! had one before years ago when the 172 first came out! Also had an ST Focus lol! but in Blue, didnt rate it much!

keo

Clio Trophy
My neck of the woods, i would recommend the drive out to buxton, taking in the B5053 and B6049 to name a couple of the cracking roads.

is that the road from leek to buxton? Yh i plan on going there this weekend :)

Someone above mentioned ladybower i am going to go so if there is anyone else from around stoke going we can convoy there

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
is that the road from leek to buxton? Yh i plan on going there this weekend :)

Someone above mentioned ladybower i am going to go so if there is anyone else from around stoke going we can convoy there
Have to admit i ain't done these roads since i've had the vee, but they were fantastic in the 197 cup!
I'm contemplating going, just need to see if i can leave work early on the sun morning.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Even parts of the A53 aren't bad, some nice hairpins, maybe need to try to organise a stoke meet around these roads?

Swift Sport
Sorry Phil (if it is you) lol

Didn't actually read the thread, I just saw 'Cannock' and thought I'd say 'Hi' :)

How's it going dude? :)