ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie - Heavily modified ph1 172

BMW 335i & Clio 172
Hi everyone,

Used to own French cars years ago so this is a blast from the past for me.

Recently purchased a fairly heavily modified ph1 172 from jon_r from Durham.

Alot of you may be familiar with this car but there is not much left of the standard car.

The seats that came with it, some sparco circuit VTR's were extremely tight for me so I had to bite the bullet and buy some larger seats, new circuits, which I fitted today. Fells so much better now!

Have and upcoming trip to the ring for a track day a week on weds and I'm tempted to have a trip out to Anglesey this Friday to give it a run out and get used to it.

Future plans include installing the extinguisher setup that came with the car and possibly a quaiffe LSD funds permitting.

I'm planning on track daying it, but also toying with the idea of getting my ARDS and entering some race series.

Anyway, hello to you all. I'm sure I will have some technical questions soon no doubt.

IMG_4735_zpsxcbctppa.jpg

IMG_4738_zpsznsblna2.jpg

IMG_4746_zpsqv0vs19s.jpg

IMG_4739_zpsbnnkkrjs.jpg

IMG_4744_zpsajqdgvpg.jpg

IMG_4737_zpsmqjpahrx.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Welcome mate!

Glad to see the car is staying in the club - Jon did build a stunner and glad to hear it looks like it's gone to the right person!

BMW 335i & Clio 172
Thanks guys, very happy with the car, especially now I have some seats that don't feel like they are breaking my pelvis with every bump in the road.
I really like that! Any idea how much power it is making?
I have a dyno print out for 190BHP. I have no doubt that the car can make more, the current map isn't to its full potential. will see how it runs on its first few outings and see where I go from there

Track 172 Cup
Lovely car, Although i was reading somewhere the other day that the wing back style buckets are not allowed on the ring (how true I'm not sure), might just be on TF days and might be fine if its a track day your doing. Might be worth checking saves you any hassle when you get there. But looks like you will have fun with the spec on your clio.

172 Ph1
Welcome to the group - I saw this up at Blyton when the previous owner was out on track , up close its stunning .
Well done on the purchase .
I'm sure there are more horses in that engine [emoji106]