ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEWBIE ! just got williams clio

Hi, just got my cliosport membership today.

Recently got a Williams Series one for an absolute bargain and cant stop taking it for a drive, so much better than my last car (calibra 16v) which handled like a boat :) insurance is not good (im 20) but the car is worth it !

It has a magnex exhaust+decat and a k&n induction kit (which i now read is crap, but i love that whistle, looks like std airbox is going back on :-/ if power is down )

next on the list is a chip, if anyone has a cheap hillpower stage1 chip (6900rpm chip) they want to sell i would be very interested. alternativly if nobody has one id be looking to get the smt6 chip gdi is doing would be good !

saw another williams clio 1 near brannigans/mac D/gym/UGC car park (crawley) last week in the afternoon, i parked next to you but when i came back your car was still there, anybody on here?

now i have a half decent car i hope to see some of you at track days :D

cheers,

andrew.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Hiya, welcome to the board. Like has been said, good to see another Williams owner on here :)

PICTURES will be up soon, too busy driving it havent even had a chance to clean it, and ive had it for 10 days :D .

its the most fun ive had yet in a car, and ive driven my old mans 370bhp XJR v8 before he sold it recently, and while it went like a rocket it was too quiet and stable (had C.A.T.S suspension) 100mph in that felt like 50 in the clio. id rather have my rapid go-kart !

(fUbAr) it costs me £140 p/m all in for 3pty f&t (20yrs age, 1 1/2 yr driving & NCB) but i can get better i know. (off the road with a v.good alarm) exactly the same i was paying for my calibra 16v , which i thought was 3 groups lower ??

Quote: Originally posted by PoPe SmOkE on 25 June 2004

(fUbAr) it costs me £140 p/m all in for 3pty f&t (20yrs age, 1 1/2 yr driving & NCB) but i can get better i know. (off the road with a v.good alarm) exactly the same i was paying for my calibra 16v , which i thought was 3 groups lower ??
Hehe, Thats a good price. The No NCD must make the difference! (Which is less than I thought, but hey..)

Insurance companies are odd.. Subaru Impreza Standard UK Turbos are the same insurance group as the Williams, yet, they quoted me £9500 Fully Comp.. I think they make it up as they go along, hehe. I found they see the word Turbo and they load it big time.

Quote: Originally
Hehe, Thats a good price. The No NCD must make the difference! (Which is less than I thought, but hey..)

Insurance companies are odd.. Subaru Impreza Standard UK Turbos are the same insurance group as the Williams, yet, they quoted me £9500 Fully Comp.. I think they make it up as they go along, hehe. I found they see the word Turbo and they load it big time.
Yeah i thought that and asked for a quote on a uk scooby (210bhp gp17) like you, only to be told they wouldnt touch me untill i was older.

my mistake - also i meant i had 1 & 1/2 yrs driving and 1 & 1/2 yrs NCB and not 0 NCB

Yep.. being 20 is the problem. You probably found like me a lot of companies just kinda said "not a chance" when ringing for a quote.. lots say 21/25 for the Williams.. Elephant were the best for me in the end!

Some cars have some sort of elite status, like the Impreza, which makes the insurance silly high. Fiat Coupe 20v Turbos too.. couldnt get a quote on one of them.

williams and trophy

welcome to the club mate like has been said before.....good to see another willy on board..........wot no. is it mate.........and pix lol

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Talking of which how many williams cars do we have ?

Time for a new topic me thinks............