ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie question about AG

FF 182
I have recently bought a 182 and I want to look after and keep it looking good.
I already have various AG products and I have just been given a tub of AG HD Wax.
I have had the car for 2 weeks, so far I have washed it twice.
Wash 1: AG Shampoo, SRP
Wash 2: AG Shampoo, SRP, EGP
After the next wash I want to apply the wax. Do I need to reapply a coat of SRP & EGP
after washing or can I just wash it and then wax it?
Sorry if this is a dopey question but I am new to the whole detailing world. It is very
addictive... & expensive!!!

Thanks for your help
Simon

I would do the whole car again get the cleanest surface you can so Rinse, Wash, tar remover if you have any, Srp, Egp, Wax.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
SRP has mild abrasives so will cleanse a little and maybe remove any sealants or waxes if it's used over the top of them, it will also fill some light swirls a little like a glaze would.
EGP is a sealant that provides a little protection to the paintwork, but will more than likely be removed if SRP i used over it as in your 2nd wash.
HD wax is a high gloss and long lasting last stage product that should only be applied if the paintwork is clean and free from contaminants.
hopefully that'll help you work out what stages to use them

FF 182
Thank you all for your advice.
I think my plan of attack over the weekend will be: wash, egp, wax. I have srp'd it twice so I cant see any real point in doing it again. Wash & egp on saturday, wax on sunday. I should be able to get away with just washing it every week for a few months... hopefully