ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie question, what mk/phase is my 172

Porsche 911, Clio 172
Hi, just got a nice 172 (see separate thread for full details should be interested in how I got it, how many £££ I paid etc etc) and, after reading about it for ages on t'internet I have thoroughly confused myslef!

It is a 53 plate 172, registered Oct 03 (so presumably one of the last 172s before the 182s came along), so I reckon that makes it a Mk 2, but I have no idea what phase it is (or even if it really is a Mk 2!). It's sort of important as it may need a new bonnet (if the 'pheasant' dent doesn't come out cleanly) and I'll probably buy a bonnet on ebay and have it sprayed locally so pretty keen to buy the right one - on the subject of which, does the 172 have a standard bonnet or is it different in some way?

Sorry for daft questions but I'm new to all this Clio fun!

Chocolate Bar™
its a mk2 ph2 mate

the full fat 172 (ie the non cup version) def has the same style of bonnet as the dynamiques etc, i think the cups may have a lightened version. either way it will fit