ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie S Wales

Subaru Impreza WRX
Hi All,

new to this forum as although currently owning an Impreza, looking to swap it for a 182 to free up some funds and save some cash on running costs.

From Bridgend, S Wales.

Cheers ;)

p.s. I did a really lengthy post earlier which seems to have disappeared - guess I did something wrong and it has been vaped?

Subaru Impreza WRX
Cheers Nik,

Along with text, pictures etc. I also put a link to my car on a different forum on my post that has disappeared - guess that's why my post has gone? If so sorry should have read the T&Cs more closely!

Subaru Impreza WRX
Welcome!

I think it might have been mistaken as a 'for sale' thread.

Ah ok, so without paying for a full subscription how do I go about enquiring whether anyone fancies a swap?

I don't suppose putting details of my current car on here is the right place, or is it?

If I have to pay the £12 to post in the For Sale section then fair enough.

Subaru Impreza WRX
Okey dokey, put loads on my thread earlier but here goes again:

wrxrearleft.jpg

wrxfrontleft.jpg

:approve:

Subaru Impreza WRX
You may well have, you don't see many Subarus around here anymore especially Newage Wagons that are modded.

This is my third Impreza, when I had my first one in 2003 they were bloody everywhere! I guess fuel prices and cost of living put paid to that :)

Oh, Litchard btw.

Subaru Impreza WRX
It's purely a money thing unfortunately. Nothing wrong with the Scoob, they absolutely suit me & I love 'em.

Basically, been looking at what I can get that I would enjoy driving for £2.5k max (so £3k in me pocket as Scoob is worth £5.5k) that is cheaper to run. Bit of a shortlist really and a 182 is on top :)

Oh, and being an old fart I've had hot hatches before. Had a year old 106 XSi back in the day that I regret selling, and a few Golf GTIs etc.

It's a cheaper car or sell the motorbike, not selling the motorbike so hey-ho needs must :(

Subaru Impreza WRX
Ok nice one!

Where are you in Bridgend then, and post a pic of yours?

Also put a For Sale thread on Scoobynet and had two offers already, so looks like it's going sooner rather than later :(

One @ £5k (turned down) and one request to view Saturday.

Subaru Impreza WRX
Coleman, hmm your first initial wouldn't be a 'G' would it....?

It's a great car. Basic mods - Full Milltek & remap giving it 285bhp/342lbft (yes that is correct not Nm - it's a 2.5) make for very rapid progress indeed. Short-shifting is the way to go, pretty pointless hanging on to revs with that torque.

Bollox, gonna miss it.

Impreza RB5 #054
Coleman, hmm your first initial wouldn't be a 'G' would it....? It's a great car. Basic mods - Full Milltek & remap giving it 285bhp/342lbft (yes that is correct not Nm - it's a 2.5) make for very rapid progress indeed. Short-shifting is the way to go, pretty pointless hanging on to revs with that torque. Bollox, gonna miss it.

No not G, first Name is Richard.

I've seen you about a few times, from Brackla? Also seen you on SN.
​I untill very recently owned a Blue Blobeye STI.

Subaru Impreza WRX
Jared, I like that but don't think it would get on my drive!

I had a heavily modded Saab between Imprezas, lowered (9-3 Aero - they are low anyway) that wouldn't get on my drive when I moved houses a while ago. Sold it to get current Impreza, which could do with lowering aesthetically speaking but didn't want to risk it :)

Coleman - no worries, curious as an ex-student of mine was a G Coleman (I teach in the College). I go to Physique gym three times a week, so yes I am back and fore to Brackla frequently. Cool with the STI - probably seen yours around too then! As I am sure you will agree then as I mentioned earlier, used to be loads of Imprezas around Bridgend and just don't see them hardly at all anymore.

Clio 1.2
Hey STiX I'm from Brackla so only down the road from you...

Scooby is nice and clean fair play!

Subaru Impreza WRX
Jared - yes I'm there every Mon-Wed-Fri after work. I'll look out for your car. Never know by then I might have a 182 :) I quite often am on my motorbike though, so if you see a red Aprilia Tuono outside that'll be me!

JDA92 - yes it is clean. Took those pics last year, couple of tiny supermarket dings I have noticed since then but excellent for a 7yr old car.

RB 182
Welcomeee! My dads got a impreza uk300! And I've got a 182! He's driven my clio and said its an amazing little car, just takes abit of getting used to after the scooby! I'm from swansea

Subaru Impreza WRX
Cheers Michael, someone coming from Coventry tomorrow with cash to buy the car so I'm gutted, but also quite looking forward to hopefully getting a 182 for a completely different ride!

ill be the oldest 182 driver around probably....:)

Subaru Impreza WRX
Blokey pulled out of coming to see the Scoob today so still got it. Anyone reading this who fancies swapping their 182 plus cash for a sorted scoob then let me know!