ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Wantin’ To Say Hi

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

Hello One and all, just sent off for my membership, thought i would say hi to everyone as, i am going to become a frequent poster on the forum ,

i currently drive a clio 1.4 champs elysses, though bored of the power, i am getting a GDI 1.8 16v engine conversion , including a fully reconditioned engine prepared by GDI with uprated sports cams running around 150ish bhp.

Only thing that confuses me is the Re-Registering my vehicle with the DVLA after the conversion, could anyone prehaps run me through what you did regarding Re-Registering clios with engine conversions??

thanks

John

TT 225

Hiya newbie - as far as the DVLA is concerned - im pretty sure you just alter the details on your V5 and post it off to them?

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 07 October 2004

Hiya newbie - as far as the DVLA is concerned - im pretty sure you just alter the details on your V5 and post it off to them?
Yep thats all you need to do.

Oh....Hello and Welcome! :D

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

I am from Gravesend in Kent any1 heard of it ?

So you lot reckon its just a case of altering my v5 ? ?

100% sure?

Meg on pistonheads £6995

WELL COME

can i ave you cast off engine? - Ive only got 80BHP!

but its the 140lb/ft+ of torque that does the biz :D

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

My m8 converted a 106 from 1.3 to 1.6 and just filled it in on the log book,sent it back,then they returned it with the new ccs on.I guess you know that you need to tell the insurer too!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

Mind You its hardly a sleeper,

silvatec lights with silvervision bulbs, bumpstrips and door handles colour coded debadged rear and colour coded black strip and bootlock on boot, lowered 55mm at front 65mm at back, 15" wolfrace ikons , 16v front arches.

I am eargerly awaitin those k-tec carbon fibre bonnets !

don't

well im from colchester which isnt toooo far away

welcome 2 cliosport

we want some pics, of ur car, feel free 2 pm mike pics of urself though

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

i have no pics at present, becuase renault have my car because they did a minor service and forgot to do the wheelbolts up properly resulting in a buckled wheel and a very scary ride i.e. me getting out and realising the wheel is wonky and contains one wheelnut half in!! legal action u reckon?

so they are getting me a new alloy from wolfrace (free of charge) and have taken two weeks getting it so far!! so i am stuck with a 04 reg 1.2 16v clio, which dont get me wrong, is a very nice drive but rather gutless i feel..

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

this would be priory Renault in Northfleet, dont like them at all, once they replaced a throttle body costing 800 quid when all that was needed was a 40pound clip! got all my money back, i swear they employ monkeys there!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

and with regards to the bluewater meet, i might have gone, but on the 13th i am havin my 1 year aniversary with the bird and we are spending a week together off work and that,, so needless to say i cant go..

sorry chaps and chapesses

welcome + enjoy..

im in gravesend most nights (gf lives there) might have seen my clio cup zooming down valley drive or around town ;)

jon_r - its this month :D next week mebbie ;)

172, Tiguan

Of course its ok!! Be good to see you.

And yes it is next week :oops: had been a long day at that point! lol.

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by JonnyK on 07 October 2004

I am from Gravesend in Kent any1 heard of it ?
welcome mate, theres quite a few of us on here from medway.

Im from gillingham, so not too far away