ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie wants help, what colour 182 do I buy...???!!!

RB 182 FF
Hi all, I'm Gaz and fairly new to the forum. I have really admired Renaultsport Clio's since 2002 when I got thrown the keys to a brand new Iceburg silver 172 to take for a spin, and at aged 19 it was one hell of a thrill!! I thought the performance was awesome for a 2 litre, and now I am finally scratching the itch and looking to purchase a FF 182!

My dilemma is basically the choice of paint colour, with a limited choice I have whittled it down to either Black, Arctic Blue or Racing Blue I think..! Anyone's opinions will be a big help as I haven't seen many 182's in the flesh and maybe some colours look better in the flesh than images I see on the net! I love the Iceburg Silver on the 172 but definitely want a FF 182, if only the 182 was done in Iceburg Silver!:(

I will be looking to purchase a standard car and tailoring it to my tastes as I find the modifications all part of the fun when owning a car. Subtle modifications are to my liking so I will keep the original Anthracite wheels, lower it on Eibach Sportlines and fit a nice exhaust and maybe a re-map to start with. So anyone who thinks they can help me make my mind up on a paint colour I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks all, Gaz.:)

172 Cup
If i was going for a 182 (excluding the trophy as that would be my first choice) i would go for either;

- LY (rare)
- BG
- RB
...all three are fantastic colours when clean and looked after properly.

Ph1 T
Lol seriously though BG is nice when clean just doesn't stay clean for long

really like RB just don't know if could own one same as LY

RB 182 FF
I know it's completely down to opinion with colour but I'm totting up the numbers on here of who likes what and I'll go from there. Comments like 'get whatever colour you like most, not difficult really' is pretty much positively useless to me, as I've mentioned I've not seen some colours in the flesh and for example the RB differs so hugely in colour from image to image on the net it's hard to make a call. I love the idea of RB but I live in the middle of no where and to view one I have to travel miles and miles that's why Im gauging the general views of you good people on here!:)

Titanium 182
well you said you like BG, AB and RB, take a look through some project threads and narrow it down, I was set on BG until I looked though some titanium threads and then I totally changed my mind, but at the end of the day no one can really influence your decision! All I would say is BG will be the hardest to maintain and keep clean so if you went for that then just make sure your not too shabby at cleaning and you stay on top of it lol
Most importantly go and see them all in the flesh

RB 182 FF
Keeping a car gleaming isn't one of my strong points I must confess!!! But with the new year and a new car I'm sure I can change my ways and make that my resolution!!!:) RB may well be my favourite at the moment but I'm worried it's a marmite colour, I'm worried some people might say 'what the f**king hell are you driving'. Have any RB owners experienced that at all or is it all good feedback??!!:)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The colurs are bit ghey ino, the 172 had a better choice. The way i see it,

LY - Homo
RB - Looks well, but to own one 24/7 - gay
BG - Nice but a pain, and it marrs far too easily
AB - Poor mans Cup
TS - bit meh, too bland, although on a cupped car in strong sun, looks cool
IO - Ok, when the suns out, if not it looks brown.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
completely forgot about petrol blue :dapprove:

most of the colours look s**t in a lot of the photos youll see... youd be better off narrowing the choice down and having a look in the flesh.

be different and spray one a colour you like.... theres a green rep in the non sport thread that looks awesome!

Titanium 182
Keeping a car gleaming isn't one of my strong points I must confess!!! But with the new year and a new car I'm sure I can change my ways and make that my resolution!!!:) RB may well be my favourite at the moment but I'm worried it's a marmite colour, I'm worried some people might say 'what the f**king hell are you driving'. Have any RB owners experienced that at all or is it all good feedback??!!:)
just make sure you read up a bit on how to keep it nice too, nothing worse than a swirl marked car, I did this on my last one through improper technique and it looked terrible until I machine polished it all and then rectified how I washed it! but when clean and even, BG is amazing in sun light

RB 182 FF
The colurs are bit ghey ino, the 172 had a better choice. The way i see it,

LY - Homo
RB - Looks well, but to own one 24/7 - gay
BG - Nice but a pain, and it marrs far too easily
AB - Poor mans Cup
TS - bit meh, too bland, although on a cupped car in strong sun, looks cool
IO - Ok, when the suns out, if not it looks brown.

Cracking post, I like that!!lol

Mk1 Focus RS
when looking for a 182 i looked at all the colours they were made in and the first colours that caught my eye most were Artic Blue and Racing Blue so i knew there and then i wanted one in either colour.

8 months later and ive just bought an Artic Blue FF 182 so just go on the colour you prefer the most, keep browsing through adverts for all colour 182's and eventually you will start swaying more to certain colours.

I really like them in Inferno orange and Liquid Yellow but i didnt feel brave enough to buy one and drive round in such a bright car

Not had that with mine, I was sceptical at first but since owning I've not had one negative comment, only about the stripes but they were off straight away. Pictures don't do the RB any justice as I was unsure about buying mine when I saw the advert but when I saw it in the flesh it was then I knew I was buying it.
BG would be my second choice as they look stunning after a good clean but sadly that doesn't last long.

RB 182 FF
Not had that with mine, I was sceptical at first but since owning I've not had one negative comment, only about the stripes but they were off straight away. Pictures don't do the RB any justice as I was unsure about buying mine when I saw the advert but when I saw it in the flesh it was then I knew I was buying it.
BG would be my second choice as they look stunning after a good clean but sadly that doesn't last long.

Thanks for the feedback Jackpilk, that is exactly the sort of feedback I was hoping for, very helpful indeed!:) I think I am beginning to sway towards RB, my thinking is if Im buying a Clio and spending around 5k why not be a bit different! A agree from what I have seen a gleaming BG Clio is stunning but can look average if the paintwork isn't up to scratch and cleaning a car often isn't my strong point, particularly in winter. Hmmm decisions decisions.........:)

RB or LY as in my opinion (and many others I believe) they are the most desirable in FF spec.

I wanted RB and settled for BG and regret it. Swirls like a b*tch!

RB 182 FF
RB or LY as in my opinion (and many others I believe) they are the most desirable in FF spec.

I wanted RB and settled for BG and regret it. Swirls like a b*tch!

I have heard Black can be a nightmare, I've never owned a black car but plenty of people have told me it shows every blemish! I've always gone for Silver cars as they are the complete opposite of that, so easy to make them look good! Only problem is the Titanium Silver on the 182 really doesn't do it for me somehow! IMO it's not in the same league as the original Iceberg Silver.

RB 182
I've done a bit more research, is it Pritchard's from Bridgend?! Maybe I'm wrong..?!

No mate its Williams RB its right there in front of you.. :)

On a more serious note ive not long got myself and RB and i second what people say about internet images not bringing the true colour out of them and ive not had one single comment about been a bender driving a blue car..

And i don't think there's many that do disagree its one of the better OE colours

RB 182 FF
No mate its Williams RB its right there in front of you.. :)

On a more serious note ive not long got myself and RB and i second what people say about internet images not bringing the true colour out of them and ive not had one single comment about been a bender driving a blue car..

And i don't think there's many that do disagree its one of the better OE colours

It looks very much like Pritchard182 car, has he upgraded or chopped it in as it's nackered..?lol. Or am I completely wrong altogether? If it's been looked after boy I'm itching to view it..!! I don't like black wheels normally but man this car looks nice to my eye!!!!!!!

TT 225+
Don't tempt me Tom..!!!:) I see you're a Simoncelli fan..?! He was my biggest Hero after my God Rossi!! Gutted about what happened, very sad..:-(

I know mate, tragic. I loved the amount of stick he gave Lorenzo lol. I saw him at silverstone last year, it was awesome!

I've had a bit of a route round, and from what I've seen pritchard's one appears to be a 53 plate, although I've never seen a 53 plate 182 before, not sure if anyone else can clear this up? The ad states its an 04 so you would think they were different cars. However they do look similar and if it's in the same location then chances are it may be.

Still, no harm in going to view it, take it for a drive. You can always walk away if it's a nail

TT 225+
Oh and I can't find any threads saying it was fucked. So it should be good. Belts have been done.