ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie without a Clio lol

Megane Coupe VVT
Helllloooooo,

Im new here.

Im Katie and have not long bought a Red 2002 Megane Coupe PH2 2.0 16v VVT which im led to beleive is the same as some Clio sports engines?lol :eek:

I live in Edinburgh and already know a few boys from here :)

Might make it to some meetings if im allowed without a Clio lol.

Also been reading up and wondered if an RS TUNER will work with my car and where to get one?

Thanks and look forward to the slagging of having a Megane Coupe lol.

Katie x

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hello Katie B. HAve you been on a Mission lately?

Back on topic, the engine you have is the 2.0 16v IDE engine. More commonly known as Fail.

(Its not a very reliable engine)

BUT! A Megane coupe is a good choice, I really like them!

Megane Coupe VVT
Good Evening

Evening!

Hello Katie B. HAve you been on a Mission lately?

Back on topic, the engine you have is the 2.0 16v IDE engine. More commonly known as Fail.

(Its not a very reliable engine)

BUT! A Megane coupe is a good choice, I really like them!

Hi Daniel,

Like i said, Its the 2.0 16v VVT.
The IDE is a different engine, Mine is an F4R similar to the Clio's.

And from doing insurance quotes when i bought it the IDE is more powerful, whereas mine is 142bhp.

Megane 225 F1
Hey Katie. Welcome to cliosport. We are a nice bunch of people. Lot's of laughs and useful info regarding cars.

Any problems, feel free to pop me a PM. I help out the newbies.

Willdot.

Megane Coupe VVT
Hey Katie. Welcome to cliosport. We are a nice bunch of people. Lot's of laughs and useful info regarding cars.

Any problems, feel free to pop me a PM. I help out the newbies.

Willdot.

Hi Will,

Very much appreciated and very nice of you.

Thankyou!

Its not the same engine really, similar design iirc, but different compression ratio.

Differences are - exhaust manifold, ECU, inlet manifold, cams. Puts out about 140bhp "apparently"

Is basically a detuned F4R. IDE and the VVT have the same power dont they, but the IDE has better pickup.

Welcome :):)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its an 02 plate, its an old shape.

I have never seen an 02 plate old shape Coupe (in 2.0 form) that wasn't an IDE engine... :S

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
If its an 02 plate, its an old shape.

I have never seen an 02 plate old shape Coupe (in 2.0 form) that wasn't an IDE engine... :S

Mines is a 52 plate and its also a 2.0 16v VVT which is a non IDE.

And mines is also the old shape.