ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8v
:star: Hey all im new to Clio Sport

however i have owned my clio for over 2 years now.

I'm Sam 19 From Stevenage in Hertfordshire.

Drive a 1.2 8v 2000 V-reg Grande clio. haha i no its a 1.2

it is modified but to get a euro look its not OTT. :dead:

Next on the agenda is deep dish alloys "lenso Vienna"
Smooth Boot and Bonnet.
Interior.
Engine transplant or heavily modify the 1.2. I know ppl will disagree to this but it will be unique a 1off which is what im after.

anyway heres some piccys.

IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg
IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg
IMG_0722.jpg

OH and heres my mug!
Im on the right. Left is my annoying Bro
samanddaniel.gif

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 8v
Welcome mate, wouldnt bother tuning your 1.2 though.. transplant would be the better option

yer i no ppl keep saying. but.... i like to be different.

was thinking megane 225 engine but thats a mission.

i can get the 1.2 turboed kicking 150lbs of torque.;)

Clio Sport 1.4 16v
Nice car mate. I like the subtle thing. wouldnt bother spending the time doing the engine tho I did on my last car and its too much hastle. Just buy a new project then the fun can begin again!

Yep buy you'd need a new gearbox and clutch plus a decient setup to do that would cost a fotune if its to be reliable a 172 engine would be just as torque plus more reliable.

Clio 1.2 8v

Yep buy you'd need a new gearbox and clutch plus a decient setup to do that would cost a fotune if its to be reliable a 172 engine would be just as torque plus more reliable.

indeed. but then theres the issue of been done before lol.

as for the headboard yer i do lol. wheres the joke what i miss??

haha

haha
Its been started a few time before now before people have learnt that cost it hugs as for starters you need a new intake manifold.

The 1.6 16V has been done as a single point 1.2 8v has been done before now.

Headboard joke refers to the fact that Revels want to sleep with anyone who'll have him and he's so gagging for it. If anyone were to take him up on the offer he's be at it so hard he's break the headboad.

Clio 1.2 8v

haha
Its been started a few time before now before people have learnt that cost it hugs as for starters you need a new intake manifold.

The 1.6 16V has been done as a single point 1.2 8v has been done before now.

Headboard joke refers to the fact that Revels want to sleep with anyone who'll have him and he's so gagging for it. If anyone were to take him up on the offer he's be at it so hard he's break the headboad.

lmfao oook il stay well clear. thanks for warning.

the local mod garage near me said they would use a turbo conversion kit from a vts/vtr saxo. and modify it into a custom manifold, get full custom exhaust at same time and added injectors, intercooler etc etc all for £3k.

the local mod garage near me said they would use a turbo conversion kit from a vts/vtr saxo. and modify it into a custom manifold, get full custom exhaust at same time and added injectors, intercooler etc etc all for £3k.
£3k seem way to cheap.
Also the 1.2 would need a different sized turbo.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Welcome :)

Seems like a lot of hassle and money for a turbo'd 1.2. Yeah it'll be quite original, but that because people have opted for the better alternatives. You can buy a 172 engine and get it fitted for a similar, if not cheaper, price.

Still, all the best on your project. :)

Clio 1.2 8v
£3k seem way to cheap.
Also the 1.2 would need a different sized turbo.[/quote]

thats what i thought however the owner is m8ts wit my m8t so labour is cheaper. 3k is just for the conversion no engine strengthing work.

when getting the conversion i wud get a new thicker head gasket or put to on to start with then save for the other bits. cams, track rods etc.
more robust more boost lol.

he said the most i cud push out wud be 1.4psi of boost on standard engine only 0.8psi which would give roughly 150lbs of torque god knows what 1.4psi would produce lol.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 8v
Welcome :)

Seems like a lot of hassle and money for a turbo'd 1.2. Yeah it'll be quite original, but that because people have opted for the better alternatives. You can buy a 172 engine and get it fitted for a similar, if not cheaper, price.

Still, all the best on your project. :)

cheers fella. i no and agree with what ppl say but also insurance is a bum on a 172 there like hahaha. so i thought hmmmm turbo the 1.2 and keep it hush for a bit lol. if i spank it rip it out and still leaves the 1.2 engine in lmao

thats what i thought however the owner is m8ts wit my m8t so labour is cheaper. 3k is just for the conversion no engine strengthing work.

when getting the conversion i wud get a new thicker head gasket or put to on to start with then save for the other bits. cams, track rods etc.
more robust more boost lol.

he said the most i cud push out wud be 1.4psi of boost on standard engine only 0.8psi which would give roughly 150lbs of torque god knows what 1.4psi would produce lol.

You mean bar not psi.
1 psi boost is next to nothing. 1 bar is 14.7psi.

I don't think engine would survive at 1.4 bar on stock 98 RON more likly 1.1 bar is your limit ie about 140hp.

The 1.2 16V engine is built to a price not a spec so its no idea to turbo you most likly have a plastic mnaifold as they all do from memory so that won't last at any decient pressure any more than 0.5 bar and it would crack.

Clio 1.2 8v
You mean bar not psi.
1 psi boost is next to nothing. 1 bar is 14.7psi.

I don't think engine would survive at 1.4 bar on stock 98 RON more likly 1.1 bar is your limit ie about 140hp.

The 1.2 16V engine is built to a price not a spec so its no idea to turbo you most likly have a plastic mnaifold as they all do from memory so that won't last at any decient pressure any more than 0.5 bar and it would crack.[/quote]

yer thats what i ment lol. they said they would have to build a stainless steel manifold so that wud hold.

also mines 8v this any different?

Clio 1.2 8v
yer thats what i ment lol. they said they would have to build a stainless steel manifold so that wud hold.

also mines 8v this any different?
Not realy nope no effect.

which brings me to my next question. i noticed someone is selling a 1.2 16v full exhaust system wud this fit mine as its 8v?

sorry bout all the questions ur a great help.

Not realy nope no effect.

which brings me to my next question. i noticed someone is selling a 1.2 16v full exhaust system wud this fit mine as its 8v?

sorry bout all the questions ur a great help.
Yep I think it should
However the 1.2 16V Clio alone has about 3 different exhaust systems according to Renault but they are just different in design replacemtn stuff is all the same as such.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
k-tec cat back exhausts are listed to fit 1.2 and 1.2 16v (along with many others) so i would think they are all the same or as edde says, similar and it should fit

cheers fella. i no and agree with what ppl say but also insurance is a bum on a 172 there like hahaha. so i thought hmmmm turbo the 1.2 and keep it hush for a bit lol. if i spank it rip it out and still leaves the 1.2 engine in lmao

Your insurance will be huge, far more than a 172 and 'keeping it hush' is saying you'll be driving uninsured which any member of any car forum should hold as the worst sin possible.....

V6
alrite sam havent seen you for awhile get a bigger enige no point turboing a 1.2 8v. when u gona slam it more

Clio 1.2 8v

Your insurance will be huge, far more than a 172 and 'keeping it hush' is saying you'll be driving uninsured which any member of any car forum should hold as the worst sin possible.....

yer i no hence i just spent 1k on fully comp all mods declared insurance.

ross im on the hunt m8t.