ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newport to Rhayader - Sunday 6th April - 200+ miles of tarmac.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I'll have to pencil this in my diary and see how i get on with the car but if the car ain't done in time i've got my bike so can also tag along with that like last time.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Newport it is then lol

Newport sounds good. I'll be there.

That's the hammer chaps! You won't regret your choice on the day! :)

Thanks for organizing! I will be there!

No need to thank me at all bud, set it up due to some good feed back from others in a separate thread so the thanks should go to them.
And thanks to MattW for sending out a huge group message to give everyone a heads up.

I'll have to pencil this in my diary and see how i get on with the car but if the car ain't done in time i've got my bike so can also tag along with that like last time.

Feel free bud, you can blast off ahead of us and divert any police attention up in front :).

Bug

Megane rs250
Hahahahaha! Should have knocked on the door for a cuppa mate! :D

At 6:30? . . . I dont think you'd be impressed ahaha
As I was finishing I seen you off out in the vee im twice as jealous as before since I noticed you have a type r aswel . . You must be loaded aha

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
At 6:30? . . . I dont think you'd be impressed ahaha
As I was finishing I seen you off out in the vee im twice as jealous as before since I noticed you have a type r aswel . . You must be loaded aha
Yeah, maybe 6:30am was a little bit early. Where were you working around this way mate? Would I have seen you without knowing?! :) Yeah, the Type-R ain't so bad. It's due to go in for an MOT and a few upgrades / tweaks in the next few weeks. As for being loaded... I wish! I just work hard and have old age on my side.

Well, I've got this penciled into the diary so roll on April.

Bug

Megane rs250
Yeah, maybe 6:30am was a little bit early. Where were you working around this way mate? Would I have seen you without knowing?! :) Yeah, the Type-R ain't so bad. It's due to go in for an MOT and a few upgrades / tweaks in the next few weeks. As for being loaded... I wish! I just work hard and have old age on my side.

Well, I've got this penciled into the diary so roll on April.

I work for a company called 'RPS' you might of seen a few white vans knocking about yesterday you did go straight passed mine just down from Mcdonalds, I had to check the whole estate you live for water leaks was a right mission too much walking
I do like a type r they go well with a few mods, a few friends have had them and really rated them
I got my mot on the clio next month -_- not the best time of year for it, got the tax in march then

Liquid Yellow R27
This sounds awesome. I've done the Black Mountain Pass before and it's one hell of a road! :D

I will let you know if I'm able to make it in the next few weeks.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I work for a company called 'RPS' you might of seen a few white vans knocking about yesterday you did go straight passed mine just down from Mcdonalds, I had to check the whole estate you live for water leaks was a right mission too much walking
I wondered who the dodgy vans belonged to, and who the dodgy geezers were that were walking around the estate... ;) Good luck with the MOT mate. I need to get mine MOT'd and taxed as soon as the build is done as it expired somewhere around end of August last year!

Bug

Megane rs250
I wondered who the dodgy vans belonged to, and who the dodgy geezers were that were walking around the estate... ;) Good luck with the MOT mate. I need to get mine MOT'd and taxed as soon as the build is done as it expired somewhere around end of August last year!

Aha yeah I often get stopped by people asking me what im doing
Im pretty confident on the mot front, only thing i think I of that will fail me is the seatbelt is retracting slowly, seems like I got something stuck on the b pillar plate that the seatbelt goes through ( not sure what its called) gonna try some material polish this weekend see if that speeds it up

Looking....
I am hoping to come along too. Booked the day off work and put some annual leave in with the mrs. As long as she hasnt gone into labour by then me and the little man will be there.

Bug

Megane rs250
Its gonna be absolutely rammed with cars up there seems a few owners clubs have organised drives that weekend

went to view a house last night might be moving start of February :)
Its a very nice house with space for 3 cars on the drive ;)
Be trying to convince the mrs that I need a Citroën ax :p

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
went to view a house last night might be moving start of February :)
Its a very nice house with space for 3 cars on the drive ;)
Be trying to convince the mrs that I need a Citroën ax :p

...and you reckon I'm minted?!?!? :rofl: Take a look in the mirror mate... hahahaha!

Bug

Megane rs250
...and you reckon I'm minted?!?!? :rofl: Take a look in the mirror mate... hahahaha!

Bhaha ;) secret millionaire in I :p
Nah the house im renting at the moment I've been wanting to move from for about a year now, finally one has come up in the street I grew up in so going to sign the documents after work today :D
Very excited to say the least its a smaller house but its got a drive so that more than makes up for it :)

Bhaha ;) secret millionaire in I :p
Nah the house im renting at the moment I've been wanting to move from for about a year now, finally one has come up in the street I grew up in so going to sign the documents after work today :D
Very excited to say the least its a smaller house but its got a drive so that more than makes up for it :)

Can't blame ya!
I'd quite happily lose a bedroom for an extra space in the garage and a drive. Double garages ftw.

Bug

Megane rs250
Can't blame ya!
I'd quite happily lose a bedroom for an extra space in the garage and a drive. Double garages ftw.

Thats all I've lost is a extra room atm we have a 3 bed house with only one room being used and the other room just for storage aha

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Feel the need the mention to you guys that the ZSOC boys will be on the Black Mountain that day as well. :) Should be a very social day out.

That shouldn't be an issue to be fair, I doubt they'll be running the same route, to avoid clashing with their meet we could always run the route in reverse.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
It'll be interesting to see if more than 50% of the list turns up on the day

Clio 172 (Now 182)
I will come along to this, will be my first meet so won't know anyone yet.. sounds like it will be good fun though and some stunning roads to drive on! :p

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Myself and Ash' will be tagging along in my RB if I can get the time off work!

ive asked the boss for the week off as its my birthday on the 8th :D

fingers crossed!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I will come along to this, will be my first meet so won't know anyone yet.. sounds like it will be good fun though and some stunning roads to drive on! :p

Myself and @Ash' will be tagging along in my RB if I can get the time off work!

ive asked the boss for the week off as its my birthday on the 8th :D

fingers crossed!

The more the merrier chaps.
When you know for certain feel free to add your names to the list of likely suspects.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right then chaps,
This is this list of likely suspects so far.... If your interested in coming along, add yourself on to it and pop it up for the next person to do the same.
:cheers:

1. sharkyuk
2. grantynp3
3. 182Trophy
4. chapperzuk
5. Tonyd106
6. BigBarry172
7. hodgins
8. j44snb
9. tomSX
10. danGill
11. mattW
12. cub
13. bug
14. craig_b
15. clio-addidas
16. M4D Max
17. RyanJ
18. -Chris
19. MJRacing
20. Cooperate
21. Dano'
22. Lawro

FF Clio 200 Cup
1. sharkyuk

2. grantynp3

3. 182Trophy

4. chapperzuk

5. Tonyd106

6. BigBarry172

7. hodgins

8. j44snb

9. tomSX

10. danGill

11. mattW

12. cub

13. bug

14. craig_b

15. clio-addidas

16. M4D Max

17. RyanJ

18. -Chris

19. MJRacing

20. Cooperate

21. Dano'

22. Lawro

23. Tree200

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
hi guys im in

Fab, I've added you on to the list.
If anyone else planning on attending could add themselves to the list it would be appreciated.:cheers:

1. sharkyuk
2. grantynp3
3. 182Trophy
4. chapperzuk
5. Tonyd106
6. BigBarry172
7. hodgins
8. j44snb
9. tomSX
10. danGill
11. mattW
12. cub
13. bug
14. craig_b
15. clio-addidas
16. M4D Max
17. RyanJ
18. -Chris
19. MJRacing
20. Cooperate
21. Dano'
22. Lawro
23. Tree200
24. harp172

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Fab, I've added you on to the list.
If anyone else planning on attending could add themselves to the list it would be appreciated.:cheers:

1. sharkyuk
2. grantynp3
3. 182Trophy
4. chapperzuk
5. Tonyd106
6. BigBarry172
7. hodgins
8. j44snb
9. tomSX
10. danGill
11. mattW
12. cub
13. bug
14. craig_b
15. clio-addidas
16. M4D Max
17. RyanJ
18. -Chris
19. MJRacing
20. Cooperate
21. Dano'
22. Lawro
23. Tree200
24. harp172
25. Gez, maybe.

Arctic Blue 182
Have you thought about mentioning this meet in the South Wales section on the PistonHeads forum? Usually a good group of guys on there with some interesting cars

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you thought about mentioning this meet in the South Wales section on the PistonHeads forum? Usually a good group of guys on there with some interesting cars

Trying to keep it for CS members and forum users only Dan, defeats the object of a CS meet if we go inviting other clubs, forums etc otherwise.
I've no doubt it'll get mentioned elsewhere anyway....

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Quick update all....

Sadly due to a few mobility issues I'm facing for the next few months and pending hospital appointments, etc etc. :mad:
It's looking like I won't be able to take part in the meet.

There is no physical way my body would handle it at the moment, I was hoping to have the appointments well out of the way by now but as we all know, GP's and the NHS cannot do anything correctly nowadays so thanks to push backs, 13 months down the line it's got to the point where I am unable to function daily. 200 miles with me leading a pack is just going to cause an accident in my current condition.

I'm genuinely gutted as I was looking forward to the first good days driving since my motorcycle crash in January 2013 along with meeting some new faces and catching up with others.

If there's any members on here willing to step up and take the lead for the day then please drop me a PM
I've asked Sharky and Matt W but just in case they are unable to it would be great if someone could take over.

Cheers lads and sorry to dampen the mood.