ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next car 172\182?

Hi everyone :)

I've recently sold my fiesta zetec s to help me move into my first place but ill be on the look out for a new car (clio) in the next few months so could do with abit of help.

Me and my girlfriend have just bought (her choice) a fiat 500 sport and i thought id be able to live without a car of my own and how very wrong i was haha.

So soon ill be getting a clio again but this time it will be with abit more power unlike my 10 year old first car :) I will only be nipping around town at the weekends and some short blasts around for abit of fun so it will be sat around until the weekend as i now live around the corner from work. Also to get to golf on a friday so if it breaks it wont be the end of the world until i get it fixed again.

Ill have around 2k (tops really) so i guess I'm looking at around a 02 plate? No more than 100k miles and in a fair conditions. I will be using this as a little project aswell so i expect to spend a little on some toys for it. Is there anything major or any little bits i need to look out for that could be a big cost it something was to go wrong?

Any help would be amazing :) also if anyone is thinking of selling up in the near future i could be interested in any potential sales.

regards,
kieren

Main thing is make sure the belts have been done and on what mileage, as that's probably the most expensive thing to do. Other than that just what you'd generally looks out for, service history, tyres, mot, tax, previous owners, mileage, condition (interior/exterior), dampers (found this problem on a few Clios I viewed). Just be sensible and don't rush into getting the first one you see.

PB Clio 172
people say look out for belts but its not the end of the world, I got mine with no belts done means you can buy the car cheaper and do them yourself

they are cracking cars if serviced and looked after just keep an eye out on AT and PH for a good one

also don't rule out high mileage ones, they can last a long time and its all about condition neways

Cheers lad ill keep an eye out for these things. I will be getting one in the next few months once ive got abit saved up for things that may need doing (just incase) and for a good tidy up if need be.

Looking around a few at the minute really fancy a blue forget the name of it exactly now. As i said it will be only a little run around and something to keep me happy for abit but is the 10bhp really Noticeable for the extra money? I do prefer the double exhaust on the 182's tho