ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Next Gen/PC] GTA V

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
For XBox Series X/S it's 50% off currently (or was), so £8.99 for online only and £17.49 for story mode & online.

Slightly annoying that you have to pay for it again, when I've owned it on the Xbox 360 and Xbox one (both physical & digital), but I still might get it LOL.

For PS5 you get access to online mode free for 3 months, then lose access and need to buy it, story mode (which includes online) you need to buy from the off, probably makes sense to do this while it's on offer.

The next gen online is NOT compatible with the previous version, so if you have friends who still have an Xbox One or PS4, then don't migrate your online progress, you realistically need both versions installed. But there is an online career boost for starting from scratch, so you don't actually start from scratch though.

Some good videos on YouTube that explain all this...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Here's one, when i try to make a new account for Social Club it comes up with my LordGedi PSN ID, enter my current email and DOB and below it shows enter a Nickname, when i enter my LordGedi in the nickname is says it's already taken, does the nickname only gets used on the social club or is the nickname show up when your playing in the game online and in the story? I'm a bit baffled

Think it's used for both

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Downloading it now. I was pretty wowed with the old versions graphics in certain points like the first flying Mission with Trevor over the wetlands so look forward to seeing it with the update graphics

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've got it all working now, set up the Social Club account and got my saved data transfered over to the PS5. Had a blast online for an hour or so as i know someone who's rank about 250 or something, he's got allsorts. It does seem improved the graphics like

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I've got it all working now, set up the Social Club account and got my saved data transfered over to the PS5. Had a blast online for an hour or so as i know someone who's rank about 250 or something, he's got allsorts. It does seem improved the graphics like
I've got mine running in Performance RT, looks so good and plays super smooth now. Load times are negligible on the Series X

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've got mine running in Performance RT, looks so good and plays super smooth now. Load times are negligible on the Series X
I’ve not looked at the visual settings, I heard there’s 3 options? Where about is the setting for it? I might just do the 60FPS and ray tracing one, I’m sure that’s 1 setting? I’ll be on this tomorrow have a muck around also need to record more Story for the channel. ill Be playing this a bit more but I’ll be on RDR2 quite a bit too

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
It's in display, Performance RT is the hybrid of the two 4k, 60FPS with Ray tracing etc

Don't think it's fixed 60fps though

Fidelity is the best graphic setting but it's locked to 30fps

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It's in display, Performance RT is the hybrid of the two 4k, 60FPS with Ray tracing etc

Don't think it's fixed 60fps though

Fidelity is the best graphic setting but it's locked to 30fps
Thanks I’ll take a look tomorrow

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I’m not able to find the PS5 game on the play store or online (PlayStation.com). I can only see the online (free) version. How are people downloading it?

I spoke with PlayStation and they’re seeing the same…No option to buy.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not able to find the PS5 game on the play store or online (PlayStation.com). I can only see the online (free) version. How are people downloading it?

I spoke with PlayStation and they’re seeing the same…No option to buy.
Took me ages to find it. Gotta keep pressing buy game on the store and it will come up at £8.75 or so

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Took me ages to find it. Gotta keep pressing buy game on the store and it will come up at £8.75 or so

Can you see the game in store?

When I search for “Grand Theft Auto” only the old versions and new GTA online pops up.

Last edited:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Seems way more difficult to find for PS5 owners than Series X/S owners, both 'new' versions are just there in the store for me on Xbox.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I honestly can't believe how hard they have made it to find. It makes no sense at all does it

Yep! Even PlayStation Customer services had no idea how to get it.

They must be losing out on so many sales…

Why not just add a story mode offering alongside the online game accessible via the Home Screen???

Retards.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I'm a multi billionaire with a 515 rank.

Cheating ftw 😂

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
MENTAL! it's 8 b*****d years old, it should be £2.99.

Especially as I bought physical copies for the XBox 360 & XBox One, then digitally again for the XBox One (sold my disc for more LOL), so this would be buying the same game from 2013 for a 4th time! :ROFLMAO:

Yet games like Witcher III are getting a free next gen update, hence why so many people are moaning about this.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Especially as I bought physical copies for the XBox 360 & XBox One, then digitally again for the XBox One (sold my disc for more LOL), so this would be buying the same game from 2013 for a 4th time! :ROFLMAO:

Yet games like Witcher III are getting a free next gen update, hence why so many people are moaning about this.

I’ve been playing it in the PS5 tonight…TBH I’m struggling to see any significant improvement in graphics (based on memory) LOL.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It's not wildly different by all accounts, the 60fps will probably be the most noticeable thing.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've had GTA5 on PC since launch but recently got an Series X for downstairs, my god the Microsoft store to get this is a pain in the arse as I dont have the original GTA5 on Xbox. I think ive bought what I need now but need to go and double check but im not sure why they make it so painful, ive probably confused the situation because im not bothered about Online and just want the story mode, but I dont think thats possible so I have to buy online then have story mode as the add on for the enhanced edition.. so

This (As Online isnt available on its own):

And this (for the Series S/X edition story mode):

So doesnt end up cheap as such, well I guess it is by console prices, but not by PC game prices, especially for a game this old with graphics which still arent as good as the PC :ROFLMAO:

Now need to find some time to play it... which is unlikely as im knee deep in Gods of War on PC, what a game.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I've had GTA5 on PC since launch but recently got an Series X for downstairs, my god the Microsoft store to get this is a pain in the arse as I dont have the original GTA5 on Xbox. I think ive bought what I need now but need to go and double check but im not sure why they make it so painful, ive probably confused the situation because im not bothered about Online and just want the story mode, but I dont think thats possible so I have to buy online then have story mode as the add on for the enhanced edition.. so

So doesnt end up cheap as such, well I guess it is by console prices, but not by PC game prices, especially for a game this old with graphics which still arent as good as the PC [emoji23]

Now need to find some time to play it... which is unlikely as im knee deep in Gods of War on PC, what a game.
Unless it's changed online only was 9.99 and the full lot 17 when I downloaded it on Tuesday?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Has any one done the GTA5 Treaure Hunt for the Double Action Revolver and Stone Hatchet? I'd like them for RDR2 Online

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

So doesnt end up cheap as such, well I guess it is by console prices, but not by PC game prices, especially for a game this old with graphics which still arent as good as the PC :ROFLMAO:

You only needed to buy the £17.49 version which gives you story mode AND online, not both?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah, years ago...
i had my first treasure hunt last week or the week before, went over the to yellow circles with the "?" i could not see anything like a clue, spend 30 minutes or more looking so i left , had another email the next time i joined a game but i couldn't get there as i left the server. I've seen a couple videos saying you get a note for the first one and hints for the others and you get a location where to go for each one. Is this what happened to you? i hear you get the Revolver and a Tomahawk or something??? I'd like to get them or RDR2 Online. i did go on the GTA5 Online yesterday and waited for the email but it never came after around 10 minutes so i left.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
i had my first treasure hunt last week or the week before, went over the to yellow circles with the "?" i could not see anything like a clue, spend 30 minutes or more looking so i left , had another email the next time i joined a game but i couldn't get there as i left the server. I've seen a couple videos saying you get a note for the first one and hints for the others and you get a location where to go for each one. Is this what happened to you? i hear you get the Revolver and a Tomahawk or something??? I'd like to get them or RDR2 Online. i did go on the GTA5 Online yesterday and waited for the email but it never came after around 10 minutes so i left.

Can't really remember exactly as it was a long time ago, but I did get the weapons in RDR2, the GTA treasure hunt was around the time of the RDR2 launch, so that was 2018 IIRC?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The next gen version is on Gamepass now, but I'm still playing the Xbox One version as they're not cross-compatible for online and don't want to migrate to the new one, then once it's off Gamepass have to buy it again (bought it 3 times already LOL).

Also not sure what happens if you install both versions on the same console, as I'd like to play the story mode again in 4K, but not do online. :unsure:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Genuinely think that Rockstar have utilised the dark arts of voodoo with this game.

Fired it up the other day on my PC and Alt/tabbed back to Task Manager. Even with all the bells & whistles enabled, it was hovering around 2.7GB of memory usage.

How they ever managed that, I have no idea. Just really glad that my home system has 64GB fitted to cope with it all! ;)

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Runs with high graphics settings and 130+ fps on a 2070 which was cool.
Downloaded some mods and it’s great fun just messing around on.
Guy I work with has been going on about the modded online lobbies so need to give that a try