ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Mod

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

Right, my next modification now will be a backbox. I did want just a normal letterbox style box but after goin to max power at da weekend i now want one bout 4 or 5" poking out the back at an angle!! What do u lot reckon then? I was thinkin a rage one or sumink.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by wkd_clio_16v on 01 December 2003

i now want one bout 4 or 5" poking out the back at an angle!!
I think youll be sued by several Personal Injury solicitors.

Mr2 Roadster

Having been at MP this weekend I would recommend you dont do any mods you saw there as they were all fcuking sad*. They were all owned by losers. The modded car scene has gone down hill, dont waste your cash! Save up and buy a real car. MP entices smelly gay pikeys to waste cash they havent got on heaps of crap.

* Skyline Excluded!

Mk2 Golf GTI

bit harsh calling them losers. did you not see the nemesis stand? if they aint proper cars i dont know what is

theres a Saxo near me with a 5 inch centre pipe, it looks sh*t, it sounds sh*t, the owner thinks its great but it really does sound crap, theres GOOD sounding LOUD exausts and there sh*tE sounding LOUD exausts - a 5inch pipe will sound sh*te.

check out http://www.K-Tecracing.comwww.K-Tecracing.com cos if you like looks there pipes do look great plus i think you will get the baffle doofer to adjust the sound.

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

ok then il have a look, i just wanted a jap style tail pipe that sticks out at an angle. If i find a pic il post it. but will it f**k up my warranty tho? its only 3 months old

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Cant we encourage subtle modifying on here?

Someone please explain why you need to go way ott when subtle looks sooooooo much better.

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

well i think that letterbox style pipe is subtle compared 2 other pipes and exhausts that are out at the mo. Im a 17 yr old wiv a 1.2, i wanna get noticed!!

at the end of the day mate its what ever you want

if you want a 5" get one its each to there own you dont have to get what everyone else tells you to if we all did that we would all have matching cars!!

i respect nearly every mans mod cos they took the time to do it so go for it!

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

cheers powelly!! could someone perhaps suggest a few websites that will have all types of exhausts on them, to look at and then il decide!! thankyou

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thats true but at the same time i dont have to agree.

IMHO massive 5inch exhausts look toss unless its on a cruise ship or a top secret car

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

thanks again powelly!!

tomclio16v : my car is top secret, so theres a reason. Toss and my clio dont go together!

they will meet head on though if you fit a 5" jap exhaust though

they look crap, even on jap beasts (except maybe Evo VII)

go subtle, the KTR system makes a noise nice enough to get you noticed, believe me, i had a couple of 7 day wonders for getting pulled with my exhaust on

Ive got the 4inch slashcut from K-Tec, and its amazing. Ive got a 1.216v. The style is fantastic, why pay £260 for an exhaust that people wont notice?

IMHO I think letterbox style look boring, i prefer big dirty round exhausts.

If letterbox style is all the rage, why dont subarus and evos have them?

the letter box suits the clio 2 down to the grounf, as does the twin 3", other cars may not, but you dont have to follow the pack do you

who cares what scoobys and evos have, you drive a clio, no comparison really

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

Dont be silly still got placcy bumpers like moi !

(he he all change tomorrow muhahahahahahaha)