ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next South Wales Meet Ideas

Evo 8 and clio 172
That's a good idea. I'll throw another thread up later seeing if anyone fancies it.
Personally I had my car on a dyno yesterday... but I figured it could be fun anyway!

I'll be there. :smile: I'll make sure I have the day off.

Would be up for going along if you organise a meet.

What did you car make on the rollers?

Bug

Megane rs250
Indigo is good shout been there for a rolling road when i first had the clio... only problem is you'd struggle to get a lowered car on their dyno'd my clio at standard height was touch and go... definitely wouldnt even attempt it at my height now.....
Theres another dyno place in swansea area i think its called boost or something alone them lines, i heard their dyno is on the floor so lowered car friendly

Evo 8 and clio 172
Surprised a Clio would nearly catch going in the rollers at indigo. Not that my evo is low but not had a problem and seen anyone have an issue before. Still a dunk in the floor is better. Powerstations is, was there the end of last year, it wasn't reading right for any 4wd cars ;) it's a nice drive up there though. One at Combe is a good idea or down Swansea way :)

Focus RS + S3
Id avoid got boost like the plague!

Indigo GT are pretty good guys, went up there with welsh ford few months ago, as said a few cars didnt make it on the dyno due to height, didnt put my car on afterwards,

Circuit motors in combe are great, thats the dyno used by the guys who mapped my RS,

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised a Clio would nearly catch going in the rollers at indigo. Not that my evo is low but not had a problem and seen anyone have an issue before. Still a dunk in the floor is better. Powerstations is, was there the end of last year, it wasn't reading right for any 4wd cars :wink: it's a nice drive up there though. One at Combe is a good idea or down Swansea way :smile:
I was at PowerStation a couple weeks back and all was fine; just a bit generous on the results. Pretty consistent to be fair despite reading a touch on the high side.

Bug

Megane rs250
Surprised a Clio would nearly catch going in the rollers at indigo. Not that my evo is low but not had a problem and seen anyone have an issue before. Still a dunk in the floor is better. Powerstations is, was there the end of last year, it wasn't reading right for any 4wd cars :wink: it's a nice drive up there though. One at Combe is a good idea or down Swansea way :smile:

When my clio was up indigo it was standard and the car drove up the ramps and they pretty much tank it over the first spinners (no idea what their called... just where your rear wheels would be)
Due to them having to go over them so quickly other wise they cant pass them it was very close indeed so bo being quite low i wouldnt wanna be the first car to drive up that ramp

Id avoid got boost like the plague!
Indigo GT are pretty good guys, went up there with welsh ford few months ago, as said a few cars didnt make it on the dyno due to height, didnt put my car on afterwards,
Circuit motors in combe are great, thats the dyno used by the guys who mapped my RS,
How low are we talking? We talking lowered or dumped? :tongueout:

I'll ring around a few places on Monday when I'm off work and throw a thread up.
Indigo GT seem to have a good rep and they only want ~£40 a car (can probably haggle on that one if enough of us come along)
Personally I have no problem driving anywhere but it would be good not to alienate anyone. :)

I can't comment on Got Boost but I was going to ask about them. What's everyone's thoughts on them? At the end of the day we're not remapping any cars here, just sticking them on a dyno and Bridgend is very accessible! :) Only downside with Got Boost is it's a 2wd dyno so I don't know if that rules anybody out!

In terms of dates, would June work for anybody? Weekend starting the 20th or the 28th?

Focus RS + S3
One of the cars was dumped, proper stanced fiesta, subframe was on the roller lol.

Other was a track prepped fiesta, the dyno is elevated so you need to drive up a ramp and its just the angle of the ramp that catches, but cant see it being an issue for majority of cars if im honest,

With got boost, a dyno run will be fine, but they are constantly touting for money, i agree its a business, but everytime ive been there with other peoples cars theres always, 100% guarantee problems with peoples set up, that they can always rectify for a few hundred quid

They basically told my mate, his focus ST, every sensor was broken, told him it needed a MAF, MAP and boost solenoid but the car was very powerful,

they flashed a dreamscience map on it prior to the rolling road, but knowing what they are like my mate said yeah thats fine, and took the car away,

They then changed premises and we went again (basically a test)
It ran and pulled decent figures, no sensors had been replaced or car been modified further since they mapped it,

They said hmmmm the map isnt the best, we can sort this for you, who mapped it for you?

When he said it was you who mapped it a few months ago, awkward silence lol

Megane 250
A trackday would be brilliant filters. I'm sure between cs and 197 club you could get enough people together to justify booking a track.

I'm up for another meet. Last one was good! Hopefully I can attend, won't know untill closer to the time though.

Don't really have much in the way of input myself. Lol. Last route was good. I'm easy. Can't go wrong with almost any of the roads in mid Wales.

Twistier the better is all I'll say.

Not read the whole thread.

Llandow is £95 a day, I know there have been cliosport days before, not sure if they would discount it for a club but I think it would be a really good day. Although I wouldn't track my Clio I'd take my other car for that.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Not read the whole thread.

Llandow is £95 a day, I know there have been cliosport days before, not sure if they would discount it for a club but I think it would be a really good day. Although I wouldn't track my Clio I'd take my other car for that.
I'll need a car for that.