ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next stage in weight reduction

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I am looking to lose some more weight out of my car and was wondering if anyone knew the best way to do it. So far I have :

Removed all sound deadning
Spare wheel and cage
Rear seats
Rear interior panels
Removed jack
Swapped front seats for buckets
Thanks.

Av a big sh*t b4 u get in each day :)

Only eva fill it up 1/4 of a tank each time.

Or just leave it in a supermarket car park overnight and watch the interior disappear

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Oops wrong forum really but what about replacing bonnet/windows with lighter items is it worth it?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

sounds a bit like mine mate.

i wouldnt bother with windows as they tend to look crap after a bit.

not a lot left really, how about a race fuel tank like weight had. get rid of both tanks then.

swap ph2 doors for ph1 doors ;) lol

erm......rear wiper motor, sunroof motor, sunroof, carbon bonnet, dash! lol

Remove all unecessary electrics ie foglights etc plus install a lightweight battery

Weld up passenger door and boot and remove all locks etc.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

use lighter engine parts like starter moters and alternators.you can get light weight versions of these and also alternators that create less drag.every little helps seems to be your moto.

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 22 March 2004

Remove all unecessary electrics ie foglights etc plus install a lightweight battery

Weld up passenger door and boot and remove all locks etc.

youde use more weld on one door than both door locks and door handles would weigh lol

Lose some weight mate!!! ;)

Anyway hows the car running after being in the garage? And have u still got my bucket seat?

Danny

1.4 Fiesta!!!

Yeah go on a diet if youre that fussy about saving weight in youre motor!

Imagine how much faster you would go after loosing a few pounds :sick:

Dont worry about the weight...mate, it really makes little or no difference and offen means you loose out on some of the cars luxuries(such as something to sit on, and not getting wet because you have door seals). If you wanna go faster--->Increase the power!

Ziel Nurburgring

Slam some of that aluminium checker plate in instead of a dash and get rid of all the un needed stuff. Go for a proper race car feel with about 6 switches and a cut off and a few gaugues and nothing else.

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by spengy on 23 March 2004

Yeah go on a diet if youre that fussy about saving weight in youre motor!

Imagine how much faster you would go after loosing a few pounds :sick:

Dont worry about the weight...mate, it really makes little or no difference and offen means you loose out on some of the cars luxuries(such as something to sit on, and not getting wet because you have door seals). If you wanna go faster--->Increase the power!

lol weight dont make that much dif?

try rear seats n spare out over the 1/4 n ul see about 1/2 sec reduction in time(with babyseats too)

see weights motor (if its still the same as lol) and look at the times it produced, mainly down to weight reduction lol

19 16V

Yes can vouch it makes a large difference, I had my R19 GTS-X complete stipped out, no spare etc and there was a few times I lost the rear end on round-a-bouts due to lack of weight! Makes a huuuggee difference. I hate cs.

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Remove the sound deadening from behind the dash, rear wiper and motor, centre section of exhaust, replace with a straight threw pipe.

190 BHP Willy 2

Quote: Originally posted by Soneji on 23 March 2004

Yes can vouch it makes a large difference, I had my R19 GTS-X complete stipped out, no spare etc and there was a few times I lost the rear end on round-a-bouts due to lack of weight! Makes a huuuggee difference. I hate cs.
wtf?

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Lmfbo .... Ill second that

Just make sure your aware of it, and get to know the car again before you plant it into a tree/hedge/wall *del as approp*

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Hmm, I could lose a couple of stone but that takes much more effort than ripping something out of my car.;) I like weight reduction because its free and it DOES make a difference, anyone who thinks otherwise hasnt driven a stripped out car before and after. Am going to remove a few more bits and bobs and then Im going to have to spend money on tuning, but Im not even sure its worth it. Its about 1600 quid for headwork and cams and thats not pocket money!