ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 5X/6P Android Marshmallow

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The screen is still behind the Note4 and 5 but the overall as a package, awesome thing, they're not cheap right enough.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
More than fair. Camera and screen would possibly swing it for me but I'm looking at next gen for my upgrade next july/August.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What I would say is the N4 was as future proof as I though it would be. 810 snapdragon, screen, camera etc all still up there.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the N4 is still a pretty strong phone.
The only thing that's gone wrong with my Nexus 5 (2 years old and heavy daily use) is the battery.
£7.50 and a 5 minute job to swap it has sorted it.
I have a dslr with me daily and can transfer images to the phone if I need to upload a decent image to somewhere before I get home.
Looking forward to the new camera on the 6P as that really is where the Nexus series has been behind.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, it's going to make the others up their game also.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed but as you hear from the review the package isn't as good from a screen pov. Software etc will affect it I imagine.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed but as you hear from the review the package isn't as good from a screen pov. Software etc will affect it I imagine.

Yeah calibration can be key. Controls will be easily customised on the Nexus. On the 6 I have full rgb, contrast, hue etc control as the screen is horribly yellow!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Went to CPW on way home from work. They don't have any in stock and don't know when they will be getting any. It's a new store and I think I would have got more sense if I'd asked next door at Sports Direct.

Website says 13 November. It was the 3rd last time I checked.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Still haven't got mine yet.
Cpw have none in and neither does my o2 store. This week apparently...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see how they're just spontaneously cracking. They must be placing it down too hard on a desk or something.

The rear glass is exposed tbh, waiting for my case to arrive. Hopefully soon.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked my 6p up today.
Initial thoughts are the size, coming from a 5 and with child like hands, its pretty big bit I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Camera seems alright, much better than the previous. I've not touched the video yet though.

Battery,can't realy comment as its been on a couple of hours and lost 28% but had heavy use sorting apps out etc.

Going to have to get another keyboard as the Google one is terrible IMO.. Might try something other than swift key. Anyone using anything else?

Screen is nice. I've downloaded a film so I'll see what the sound and video quality are like later.

What case did you go for @JamesBryan ? I've ordered a spigen rubber one, should be here this week with a bit of luck.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to hearing more thoughts. I reckon a 7 could be out in time for my contract finishing!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Picked my 6p up today.
Initial thoughts are the size, coming from a 5 and with child like hands, its pretty big bit I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Camera seems alright, much better than the previous. I've not touched the video yet though.

Battery,can't realy comment as its been on a couple of hours and lost 28% but had heavy use sorting apps out etc.

Going to have to get another keyboard as the Google one is terrible IMO.. Might try something other than swift key. Anyone using anything else?

Screen is nice. I've downloaded a film so I'll see what the sound and video quality are like later.

What case did you go for @JamesBryan ? I've ordered a spigen rubber one, should be here this week with a bit of luck.

I'm not getting alerts for tags for some reason.

Anyway, I went for the Rearth Ringke Fusion which is the case i had on the N5. It's pretty much the same as a Spigen.

It was a pre order as they weren't out yet, hopefully it'll come this week.

Mini Cooper S
I've got it on my nexus 6 stock android is awesome! Hopefully be in the position to get the new nexus when my contact ends next year.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I think I'll wait till the next Nexus and probably snapdragon 820 (currently have the n6)

I'd only really be upgrading for the camera and fingerprint sensor, so don't think it's worth the outlay yet.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The fingerprint sensor is absolutely superb. Lightening quick and only one 'false read' - compared to my work's iPhone 6 which rarely gets it right (I may as well not use it on there tbh and just use the pin).

Battery is on 22% now, fairly heavy usage throughout the day too. Says it will go on til 01:00 so fairly good from the first charge.

Speakers are miles ahead of the nexus 5 too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely the camera shots coming out of the 6P. Hoping they can cotinue to improve and I can finally find my way into a Nexus after my Note4. Rest of the phone looks spot on.

Only problem I'll ever have is screen size. I couldn't go under 5.5" I don't think. I'll keep an eye on Nexus news!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely the camera shots coming out of the 6P. Hoping they can cotinue to improve and I can finally find my way into a Nexus after my Note4. Rest of the phone looks spot on.

Only problem I'll ever have is screen size. I couldn't go under 5.5" I don't think. I'll keep an eye on Nexus news!

Well the 6P is 5.7" . I can't imagine them going under 5.5" for the next one.

Loving mine so far though. Hammering it in work the last couple of days, browsing here, Twitter etc, games, music to and from work, and still has charge before I go to bed. With the use I give it, it'll never get two days on one charge but apparently it gives 7 hours from a 10 minute "fast charge"

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Such a pretty body ruined by a case. 😧
Even with the case on, it's still managed to catch a few dings. Such a soft material!
If I worked in an office 9-5 and could leave it on a nice stable desk then it'd be naked but unfortunately I work on a boat and things move around a lot. Plus I wanted a bit of protection for the camera area as it's all glass and doesn't look too solid.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
This is the one I have.

818pSJmH9fL._SX425_.jpg

The edges are rubber and the main back panel where the Nexus logo and finger print scanner are is plastic.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So on Monday I had some fluff in the headphone socket of my Nexus 6. Although I have all the correct tools for phone repair on my desk at work next to me I decided a big paperclip would be the tool of choice. Naturally I damaged the headphone port.

On the phone to Google support telling them it was broke and they said they will replace it again. I pointed out that this would be my fourth replacement since February when I bought it. The woman escalated it and even though I was outside the timeframe they have given me a full refund of £558.99 which was the 64GB model plus shipping. So I ordered the 64GB Aluminium 6P for £499 and I now have that an £60 on my pocket.

Result.

I have to say as good of a phone as the 6 was it was by far the worst built Nexus I've ever had. Proper chuffed with the 6P so far though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wow that isn't half!!! I like the 6p, I just feel i'll end up with the next Note or go contract free with a Note 5 maybe.

I do want a Nexus though....