ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 7 help

ph2 172
My nephew got a nexus 7 for xmas and has managed to lock himself out of it! lol

on the screen it asks for the gmail usernam and password,i've tried this and even gone online on my laptop and changed his gmail password so i know 100% its the correct info being input.

anyway,after entering these detail it still say's invalid username or password,and also too many pattern attempts.

anybody help me get in??

whatever your login details are on your laptop will be identical on your nexus 7.

you can't lock them by using your gmail username and password.

do you mean its locked by pattern and its asking you for your gmail details?

I seem to remember that resetting your password online like you have done wont work, it has to be the original gmail password that was used during the original setup on the device to unlock it iirc. Pretty stupid but hey ho, only option you have is a hard reset I imagine.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
changing accout password wont work as you wont have a data connection until you nlock the device. i expect you will need to do a factory reset. not sure how you get into recovery on a nexus, but its probably hold down -vol and power