ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NGK Plug fault

Stagecoach Ticket
Just a warning out there to anyone fitting ngk plugs in the near future i have just had a set come to me with 2 broken plugs. Never happend to me before but it could be a dodgey batch comming from manufacture.

Ended up costing a coil pack, knock sensor

and about 2 hours why is still missing on number 1 fu*king french s**t!

J

Stagecoach Ticket
Ceramic was spilt when i took it out only very slight but never bother to check expensive plugs just chucked em in. Started running poorly and missing about 30miles after the service, checked the lot before tracing it back to plugs, leads, coil, knock sensor was very annoying and quite costly due to a new coil pack and knock sensor comming to around £40. Hate to think what renault would of charged for the job. Customer cost would of been over a £100. Not doubting NGK in anyway just saying maybe best to check them for a while and if you have faults that could be the plugs dnt over look them because there new atm.

Stagecoach Ticket
From Renault or somewhere else just out of interest?

Plugs were from a different retailer mate would rather not say the name of the retailer openly due to them being very very close freinds and do me no end of favours. But there are very large and well known and buy direct from NGK the same as renault would of.

Skoda Fabia vRS
dodgy Ebay ones ?

ive never seen a faulty NGK plug in all my years in parts, you do get the odd faulty one though with any product

Stagecoach Ticket
No not from ebay

and nither have i. Post is not ment to be a NGK bashing of anykind just a heads up to anyone that has brought them in the last 2/3 weeks incase there where a few dodgey ones from the same batch.

J

Stagecoach Ticket
i'll be honest, I think it's more likely you damaged the plugs when you fitted them

Was my reaction to mate iam not going to lie iam not the best but the plug has been looked at by 3 mechanics now and all have said chances are its a faulty plug

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Probably been chucked around the shop by the staff, iirc only 1 in 2/3million ngk plugs are ever faulty

Trophy Turbo :)
Well, I have always used the NGK plat range for all my cars, Subaru and Renault and the Evo. Never had a issue with any, apart from when i melted two LOL But that was the Fuel Issue i had :)