ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ngk sparks or Megane R26 Spark Plugs

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
for a 182, which is a better buy? Everyone suggests Ngk, but the R26 sparks are cheaper. And I've see them included in a turbo build. I intend to add some engine bits eventually such as intercoolers and get a remap and maybe induction or Inlet.

Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah it's Megane injectors that are used for turbo builds.

Both the Clio and Megane use NGK spark plugs. Slightly different spec between the two.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Wow. Would you say it be better to run Megan plugs or as I'm not sure about turboing just get the NGK?
Nope you read it correct, Meganes use a colder grade plug than the clio so I used them. I do know guys who've ran standard clio plugs in their turbo conversions.

I'm still using megane plugs at 400bhp plus and have only had to reduce the gap.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Buy the normal 182 plugs now.

If you go down the turbo route in say 6 months, buy the different plugs then.

Done

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
You're going to look a prize plum adding intercoolers if you've not done the turbo conversion yet!!
Id not even realised I hadn't added turbo and intercooler as possiblilty sorry. But works those Vauxhall astras with the pointless intercooler. When I lived at parents Guy next door to me had a seat 1.2 with an intercooler, wasn't even connected. Can't laugh too much at him when I look back at what I did to my old 1.2. When I was 17 I thought my Clio was cool.