ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nice ICE system - what to get?

Finally think i'm going to sort out the ICE me 182.

Here goes, thinking of getting a Nakamichi headunit with 6 disc in dash changer - as I understand it the unit comes with a plug in amp module, so you either run all outputs from this, or entirely seperate amps. Its a 182, I don't want to load it up with amps and subs and add tonnes more weight.

Dilemma - I want to replace the front speakers, ditch the rears and then have a sub in the back.
-Can anyone recommend a real good set of front speakers (£250 max I reckon)
-Is it possible to run a sub just from the headunit - saving the need for an amp. Remember if I amp the sub then I have to amp the front speakers, thats how I believe the Nakamichi works.
-If I have to get an amp I want a real lightweight set-up. Do these things get made light??

Appreciate the help fellas

OLI

205 gti-6
not sure how it works with that nakamachi hu.
wots the product code, name?
for £250 you can get a real decent set of speakers.
But i would recommend spendin say £150-£200 on speakers, then some on sound deadening, decent wiring etc...
Good place to go is http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ and check out the component systems they have to offer. Genesis, Focal, Jl audio, Rainbow will all be great speakers.
Yep, ditch the rears and get a decent sub. If you're worried about weight go with a 10" and it will give you good quality bass.

Clio 172
I asked a similar question about ICE recently. The concensus was that it's a waste spending any money on expensive speakers if you aren't going to amp them. What's the power rating of the HU? Probably 40-50w, which = about 18w RMS.
If you like a bit of volume your expensive speakers will be wasted as the HU output overloads and distorts at such a low level.
You might as well get some cheap Alpines for about £20.

I believe its 40-50w RMS, and don't forget that its Nakamichi wattage not Goodmans lol - if you get my drift.

Although after some of the problems i've had with the car recently, wondering whether to just sell it and get some Teutonic reliability machine!!

Polo + Micra
Bobbywhacker said:
I believe its 40-50w RMS, and don't forget that its Nakamichi wattage not Goodmans lol - if you get my drift.

Although after some of the problems i've had with the car recently, wondering whether to just sell it and get some Teutonic reliability machine!!

impossible to get those power figures without a smps which wont fit in a hu sorry

muz

big fat japanese bus
the naka is 25 rms iirc For £250 you can get a fantastic front set up with small amp and components.

DLS R5As on Ebay at the mo and I am the winning bidder so feel free to out bid me as I was just going to put them in the missus' car

I also have a DLS CA21 for sale which is 2x110 RMS only lookin for £90 ;) put them together for a great front end

bit miffed reallly - I had a huge Harmann Kardon comp amp which I let go for silly money on ebay coz I thought I wouldn't bother with ICE on this car lol doooh