ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nicks Black Gold 182 FF

BG 182FF
Oh how good it feels to finally have my clio. It only took 4-5 months of look at them to find one that I wanted. I've lost track of the amount of 182's ive looked at that have been abused (such a shame)

I nearly gave up, thinking I wouldn't find one that was good enough. Until I test drove a Fiesta ST. These feel like a chav car imo dunno what it is about them. I have a fiesta 1.4 Ghia X before my clio and loved it for what it was, which was my first car. This made me realise I really wanted a Clio, but not any old one, the best one I could find

Ive drove about 6-7 182 while searching, and viewed 15 or so. I found one going cheap not too far from me, a BG 182 without cup packs, but fsh. The guy selling has just had a kid, and needed a bigger car, he only had it a year. It needed an mot when i viewed it, i agreed to buy it assuming it had 12 months on it, and any necessary work done. It came back from the MOT with a reciept for £1500 of work being done to it :eek: 4 new tyres, bakes and pads all round, new front supension, and full new exhaust, it seemed like it might have found the one.

The guy selling seemed a bit of an idiot, and was extremely pushy, so I got a Dekra expert inspection.

Turns out he had owned it over 2 years, not had it serviced, so badly needed belts changing. the dephaser was on its last legs, as it was ticking. The offside front spring was cracked, 1" missing. CC and ESP weren't working. Power steering leaking. ive got the Dekra report if anyone wants a read. saying all this i hope no one here has bought it :S i phoned Fred@BTM for some advice, and prices and he told me walk away. he also told me a could find a lod of cracking ones for sale for £3000. Ive not seen a single 182 for sale for £3000 that didn't need another £1000+ spending on it

Anyway a month later I found AV05 ABU

About an hour 1/2 drive away from me, Full service history, belts changed 1 year ago / 2000 miles ago, no marks in the body work, and both cup packs. Interior was in great condition as well, which it should be as it was one of the more expensive ones for sale.

Here are the pics from the prev owner.

5693571841_bc919c32d4_z.png

5693605415_f0546a2088_z.png

5693571027_73d3dec76d_z.png

5693571739_88eb312cc0_z.png

5693571093_53991596e7_z.png

5716032005_7e81062002_z.png

5716595578_fdd4dfb1f3_z.png

This was how it stood when I picked it up...

... well it should have, exept he managed to scratch the near side front alloy :mad:

so I docked him £40 and then drove it away

Last edited:
  LEXUS LS400
Excellent choice - just like mine (I got one last Thursday !)

The ONLY thing that looks a little wrong is the left rear exhaust mount looks slight tired IMO, but there's a simple (and free) bodge to sort that ;)

Enjoy it !!!

BG 182FF
My plans for now...

Well just tidy it up. Its already in great condition, just usually bits of wear and tear.

Things i knew before i bought it
Broken N/S fog light
Crack in splitter
Moderately scuffed O/S rear wheel
Worn gear knob insert.
Fault with airbag connection under drivers seat, occasionally (once a week) lighting up the dash.

The first thing I did when getting my car home was remove the dealership sticker from under the spoiler in the back window, then I whipped the elf one off too. The elf is quite a bit more stubborn. Prob shoul have used the hair dryer on it. It took some elbow grease to clean it propperly tho.

5716640432_6ac6db565c_z.png

A few days later I got some clean Reg plates, and whipped the others off. I don't like dealership graffiti on my car anywhere. The back plate was a right arkward sod. It had anti theft screws, which arent screws at all, they clip in then never come out, so had to snap the heads off, which is actually easier to do than unscrew a normal screws as they were made from either aluminium or paper mache, not sure how that would deter a thief :S

Last edited:
  clio 182 'full fat'
nice mate, can i be cheeky and ask how many miles and how much ya paid. just ive just bought one few months back

BG 182FF
I found my car on piston heads. Archived Link

My requirements were fairly strict, and didnt find one on here.
I wanted BG,
both cup packs,
less than 50k,
05 plate or newer,
spotless interior,
FSH inc belts,
and completely standard,

I dont wanted any mods, i wanted the best possible car to start with. all the ones that had mods (exept on here) were of dubious quality. I thought im better getting a standard one and doing it myself. Also add to that list, I didn't want the previous owner to be an complete idiot.

@Chris_786, @Nick 182 Im thinking about a yozza, these are freds aren't they? how quite are they? i don't want extra noise really, certainly not when just driving round and chilling. or on the motorway. When I put my foot down it would be nice but I if it annoyed me then it would end up coming off the car.

When I viewed the car I had a look under the car at the exhaust and it was corroded around the tail pipe, and starting to blow, so I got the seller to swap it. We agreed that it would be fine to get a second hand one in great condition. I think it had done 20k, I saw the eBay listing for the exhaust before he bought it. So this one has at least a years life.

clio 182 'full fat'
thats cool, you had the exact same requirements as me except i was after an arctic blue!
mines an 04 plate but done a genuine 25k miles with fsh. its immaculate inside and out and bog standard how i wanted it to start its life with me.
cant wait to get some toys for it tho. im guna have to keep dreaming about a YOZZA for a few more month tho. anyone know an exact price for a full decat system?

Yozza'd BG
I found my car on piston heads. Archived Link

My requirements were fairly strict, and didnt find one on here.
I wanted BG,
both cup packs,
less than 50k,
05 plate or newer,
spotless interior,
FSH inc belts,
and completely standard,

I dont wanted any mods, i wanted the best possible car to start with. all the ones that had mods (exept on here) were of dubious quality. I thought im better getting a standard one and doing it myself. Also add to that list, I didn't want the previous owner to be an complete idiot.

@Chris_786, @Nick 182 Im thinking about a yozza, these are freds aren't they? how quite are they? i don't want extra noise really, certainly not when just driving round and chilling. or on the motorway. When I put my foot down it would be nice but I if it annoyed me then it would end up coming off the car.

When I viewed the car I had a look under the car at the exhaust and it was corroded around the tail pipe, and starting to blow, so I got the seller to swap it. We agreed that it would be fine to get a second hand one in great condition. I think it had done 20k, I saw the eBay listing for the exhaust before he bought it. So this one has at least a years life.

A stainless is a must as you'll just spend a fortune replacing the originals which are rediculously expensive from renault!

The yozza of Fred's is louder than the standard system for sure but you get used to it and it is quite cleverly designed to be quiet at specific speeds such as 30 and 70 for obvious reasons - it brings the car to life is the best way i could put it!

BG 182FF
@NATHAN182 thats good milage for an 04 plate. i would have like lower milage, but its not really an issue if the car has been serviced and looked after, I don't think.

@Nick 182 I do like the look of the tailpipes on the after market exhausts, they sit so much nicer in the bumper. Ive 2 really concerned with exhausts, and there noise related, I don't want a chavy sounding car, and sometimes I want peace and quite when cruising. Yozza's do seem like the best exhausts, one of the most recommended, also the scorpion RS192 (i think) might be a good choice. Fred has a few options with the yozzas, ive seen hes made some with or without the centre silencer, have you got this?

I would put a standard Renault one on when I do need to swap it. I got a quote for 425 + VAT from my local Renault garage, just for the rear section. Im sure I could get a slightly better price, but its still not worth it.

BG 182FF
The car's 182 problems, but boring aint one!

Well not really problems but rattles noises, faults and things i want to fix, but it doesnt sound as catchy.

Ive decided to find and fix and replace 182 things, with my car. Kind of makes for a fun little project I think.

Removed dealership graffiti from rear window.
181 problems

Removed elf sticker
180 problems

Rattling from the back of the car
Loose heat shield above the back boxes
5716623912_d24a1c5f28_z.png

to this
5721831927_ed8651cba9_z.png

179 Problems

Warning high voltage don't touch on danger of death, that's definitely what they say.
5716067717_eeb3e37b2c_z.png

Gone
5722055863_503a359b74_z.png

178 Problems

No more egg coloured lights
5722057357_64b7ea3ac8_z.png

177 Problems

Last edited:
  Yozza'd BG
@NATHAN182 thats good milage for an 04 plate. i would have like lower milage, but its not really an issue if the car has been serviced and looked after, I don't think.

@Nick 182 I do like the look of the tailpipes on the after market exhausts, they sit so much nicer in the bumper. Ive 2 really concerned with exhausts, and there noise related, I don't want a chavy sounding car, and sometimes I want peace and quite when cruising. Yozza's do seem like the best exhausts, one of the most recommended, also the scorpion RS192 (i think) might be a good choice. Fred has a few options with the yozzas, ive seen hes made some with or without the centre silencer, have you got this?

I would put a standard Renault one on when I do need to swap it. I got a quote for 425 + VAT from my local Renault garage, just for the rear section. Im sure I could get a slightly better price, but its still not worth it.

mine is the catback system with no centre silencer.:approve:

BG 182FF
Ordered some products from i4detailing
5716075177_75ae8bf306_z.png

Clean Car
5716075811_068b09fc6a_z.png

176 problems

Final sage of removing dealership graffiti, fitting my own tax disk holder
5722057491_397c43e4cd_z.png

175 problems

Removed gunk left by old reg plate
5716068687_75581379fb_z.png

Looking better after spaying with some Tardis
5716071219_5bdeb104b1_z.png

174 problems

While checking the heat shield, I noticed this appalling sight.
5721833093_03a45a8810_z.png

So temporary fix it is, This had the added benefit of getting rid of an annoying noise that had been bothering me, so its worth it. I do need a proper fix tho, anyone for suggestions of new mounts? I heard the Renault ones dont last long
5743102241_97df11e628_z.png

So i no longer have saggy pea shooters ;)
5743655520_401e9411fd_z.png

173 problems