ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nightclub photos advice required!

6/468 17poo
What kinda of accessories are worth getting to improve nightclub shots, flash guns, i presume any preference on filters or len's?

Cameras a 450d, standard at the mo ;)

Ryan

Flashgun is a good start, you'll need one you can bounce, the 430EX would be a good start.

Lens is up to you, a large aperture lens is going to allow for natural light shots but not essential with flash. So depends on what perspective you want but a 17-5Xmm should be a good start.

As for settings, I'd go Manual and start with ISO 800, F/5.6, 1/3s with second curtain flash, this will capture ambient light and the flash firing at the end will capture your subjects. If you already knew all of that, my bad for being patronising...

6/468 17poo
Thats some really good advice, im a proper beginner but keen to learn ill have a look into the flash guns, cheers mate

Mk2 ph1 clio
Unless theres good money in it.. would you really want to take your gear into a nightclub with sweaty/drunk/rowdy people in? Theres a high risk of it getting damaged!

Reason i ask is, theres a lad local to me who has been asked to do this and sell the phots in keyrings etc etc and also for the bars to use.. but they don't offer any sort of insurance for his equipment.

What kinda of accessories are worth getting to improve nightclub shots, flash guns, i presume any preference on filters or len's?

Cameras a 450d, standard at the mo ;)

Ryan

f2.8 lens, flash with stofen attached. exposure and ISO dependant on light in club. if its crap light don't expect decent shots.

nice colourful shots with good emotion a must to make the shots look interesting.

some I did week or so back at a dj sash gig shot in manual wide open f2.8 shutter speed varies around 1/20 second curtain sync on the flash iso 1600

3342115849_bed06f929e_o.png

3342121209_d65dd989c0_o.png

3342115013_70275395cf_o.png

others here http://www.flickr.com/photos/quantumcapture/sets/72157614970872979/

6/468 17poo
Ill be in the dj box so i wont be worrying about my equipment when there are £1000's in the box any way

Im looking into your advice everyone thanks!

Arctic Blue FF 182
This is something im looking into at the moment at uni aswell.

What kinda things your mates doing spiezels. Selling prints?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Sorry bud didn't check this.

He jus works for a company taking them then uploads to their site etc. Paid for the hours he does.