ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Sunny Gti @ Shakeys 27/10/12

Nissan Sunny Gti
Hi Guys thought I'd pop on to say hi as I saw a few from this club down at Shakesphere County Rcaeway Yesterday.

I had the Grey 1993 Nissan Sunny 2.0 Gti NON TURBO and fwd.
My car has the engine converted to an SR20VE aka VVL.
Nissan Ecology Oriented Variable Valve Lift and Timing (commonly known as VVL) is an automobile variable valve timing technology developed by Nissan. VVL varies the timing, duration, and lift of valves by using hydraulic pressure switch between two different sets of camshaft lobes. It functions similarly to Honda's VTEC system.

Power wise 196 bhp and 141 ft t, 161 whp.
Best run at Shakeys before 14.125 @97mph.

Yesterday was s**t for me only managing 14.60, the wind was against us and I had s**t tyres on.

Still was happy to beat alot of you guys and i raced a clio sport silver a few times and won by a second, think he was trapping 15.70's.

p.s just gone throught the forums, think it's this guy below.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?660068-Drag-Racing-Shakespeare-Sat-27-10-12/page23

Great day but as said it eas bloody cold!! Even my immigrant look didnt keep me warm lol.

Tom172cup your car is a f**king weapon great stuff mate..

Highlight of my day was beating that nissan pulsar gti-r thing and drawing with him a couple of times lol, then watching him tuck his mirrors in to make him more aerodynamic.. Flol.

Slicks are going on next time. Big thanks to Don for sticking it out god you did look cold.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate. But you never beat me once.
It's not a Nissan Pulsar Gti-r, they are 4 x4, 2.0 turbo.
I am just fwd and 2.0 N/a like you mate.

Hope to see you all so at another shootout as I am to break into the 13's before I do a turbo conversion.

Anyway a few pictures of the car in question, p.s and folding in the wing mirrors does take some splits of a second off. Haha

2012-10-23094338_zpsb99c189b.jpg

2012-10-23104943_zps28a0ecf2.jpg

IMAG3581.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nissan Sunny Gti
Cheers..

p.s

I am thinking of getting a Clio Sport for the misses and I to use as a runner, but need to sell my Sabb Convertable, 2.0t auto.
Does a Bugaboo Pram fit nicely inside the boot of one of these things.
Had a 172 around 10 years ago in yellow but the pedals felt small, I have size 11 feet and was touching the brake and gas pedal at the same time.

Looked like below, are the tiny pedals on the 182/192 the same?
media.jpg

Andy my bad 0.8 of a second 3 times on the trott and 1 second difference on the other run due to a crap start so yep i got it wrong but it looked bloody close from where i was..

Plus you haven't burst my bubble as i wasn't in one in the first place im still chuffed due to you having a fully stripped out 192bhp nissan (obviously tweeked) and i have 182 which i use as a daily with very small minor mods with all mod cons and seats bumpers etc still in and attatched and running 179.4bhp ATF..

So to me win win! Welcome to the forum anyway.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome,

I have size 11 feet and never had a problem when driving my old 1.4, my friends 182 or my 197 (bar heel and toeing in the 197 due to throttle delay)... Just man up :rasp:

love your old ph1 :)

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
This has to be the worst " I have big feet..." Thread ever.
You know what is associated with big feet?......
Big socks!!

Welcome, seen you at shakey this weekend pounding the strip.

I feel a grudge match coming along at the first meeting in the new year?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This is joke. Welcome to the forum. Saw you yesterday. Where was your rear bumper? Did you take it off for weight loss? ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Good job you were not up against the blue cup then less power than you FULL interior and no where near as modded that was running 14.5 lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What, a 14:5 with a full interior?

I must be sh*t at this then only managing a 15:00, I was blaming the track temp and a head wind until I read that. :dapprove:

My new excuse is the new Federal 595s I have on the front,
they're extra load so the compound is a lot harder and takes a lot of heat to get anything out of them. ;)

Nissan Sunny Gti
Nothing heated guys.. My best time at shakeys 14.125 with 97mph terminals.. Yesterday could only manage 14.60 wit 92mph terminals....We will talk at the next meet, get modding.
P.s my bumper was loose so decided to remove it..lol

The Nissan Sunny/ Pulsar gti-r is 4x4 2.0 sr20det turbo
The Nissan Sunny Gti is fwd sr20de non turbo as std.
My car has the areodymanics of a bus.