ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No bass??

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Hi,

I have a clio 182. It has the standard Cabasse headunit. I have fitted four kenwood three way speakers in the normal door pods to replace the standard speakers as a couple were blown. The speakers before had little bass and the new ones appear to have not improved it much. I think the head unit is fine and the bass/treble settings are all ok. I dont really want a sub in to boot. Anything im doing wrong?? The only reason I ask is my misses has a 07 plate Fiesta and the stero in that has really good bass.

Anyone else got this problem. I have has a few Renaults (clios/laguna) and the steros always appear to be rubbish but I thought it would be a little better with the new speakers??

What output is the cabasse hu ?? I'm no expert but I bet it's not putting out a decent wattage. Maybe consider an after market HU, or get an amp on the go ?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
speakers wont make a difference if they are not getting a strong clean signal from an amplifier. the factory headunit is very weak.

a new headunit might make it a little louder but nothing that you would notice in my opinion.

only way to do it is to get a sub.
or amp your front speakers and depending on how lower frequency they will play down to you will be able to get enough bass from them.