ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No bass??

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Hi,

I have a clio 182. It has the standard Cabasse headunit. I have fitted four kenwood three way speakers in the normal door pods to replace the standard speakers as a couple were blown. The speakers before had little bass and the new ones appear to have not improved it much. I think the head unit is fine and the bass/treble settings are all ok. I dont really want a sub in to boot. Anything im doing wrong?? The only reason I ask is my misses has a 07 plate Fiesta and the stero in that has really good bass.

Anyone else got this problem. I have has a few Renaults (clios/laguna) and the steros always appear to be rubbish but I thought it would be a little better with the new speakers??

What output is the cabasse hu ?? I'm no expert but I bet it's not putting out a decent wattage. Maybe consider an after market HU, or get an amp on the go ?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
speakers wont make a difference if they are not getting a strong clean signal from an amplifier. the factory headunit is very weak.

a new headunit might make it a little louder but nothing that you would notice in my opinion.

only way to do it is to get a sub.
or amp your front speakers and depending on how lower frequency they will play down to you will be able to get enough bass from them.