ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Clio’s in Car Mags

Every Car Mag I buy I never seem to see any clios in them! ( I tell a lie, 1 V6 from spain)

Is this because Clios are not good enough or there are not enough modified clios, or they are too good for these mags...i dont understand it:(

Perhaps it is a good thing because other drivers see valvers and cups etc. and have no idea of the performance generally:)

Or perhaps it is a bad thing?

Someone please enlighten me.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Get PGTI magazine, plenty of clios in there, I think its mostly cause 99% of clios are modified nicely and only turds get into max poo, and fast crap.

IF YOU BUY FIVE CAR MAGS EVERY MONTH YOU GET TO SEE ONE EVERY OTHER MONTH OR SO. USUALLY WITH BODY MODS AND NOT A LOT ELSE. I,VE SEEN TWO ICE ONES OVER THE PAST 18 MONTHS. DON,T LIKE A LOT OF THEM BUT THEN A LOT OF PEOPLE DON,T LIKE MINE. POSSIBLY BECAUSE THERE HARDER TO MOD THAN OTHER WELL REPRESENTED CARS LIKE SAXO,S

I cant understand it though because Valveers look quite mean as standard, so modified surely mags should want them?

Saw one about a year ago but it was a 1.4rt with body mods???

Hows the paint job going MAXIBOY?

I,VE GOT A FEW HERE 2.1,S BUILT BUY HILL POWER NEW SHAPECLIO,S BUT AS KDF SAYS IT,S MAINLY YOUNG BOYS SO LOTS OF MODS SIX TAIL PIPES BUT 1.2,S OR 1.4,S THEN WHEN THEY CAN AFFORD THE INSURANCE THEY ALL BY JAP TURBO MOTORS

Most 16Vs tend to get modified under the skin only - and Id say a 16V is more of a serious hot hatch fans car than a modifiers car (like a Saxo). Most Williams avoid being modified beyond the most basic breathing mods for obvious reasons and again, the 172, Cup and V6 seem to attract the hot hatch fan rather than the modifier.

Also, as Maxiboy no doubt knows, its very expensive to modify a 16V with a proper kit and the demand for Clio Mk1 kits still seems to focus on rally replicas than "Wings West" style stuff.

All in all, the above makes hot Clios more suitable for features in mags like PGTi and the now defunct CCC than all the "mod" mags.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Has any 1 noticed on tv programmes like topgear etc when they talk about hot hatchs they use the FRS LCR and have a huge hard on for the mini and pug 206 gti but the clio is never mentioned. The V6 gets a lookin but never the 172 why is this?? Oh and of course my next car the Type R

R

rich[182]

Personally I think its cool that Clios arent in the usual car mags, It seperates them from the majority of boy racer material they publish. If I had the best or fastest modded Clio in the UK Id not want it in any of the mags with the possible exception of PGTI cos I cant do with all the stupid wit, pervy pics etc, Id just want a proper technical feature with quality pics

And besides Id rather share my pride njoy with you guys and not the masses.....................

normally i,d agree with rich172 a pgti cover would mean more than max power but with there huge sales a max power cover can pull an i.c.e. sponser deal worth around three grand so its worth considering.

stopped buying pgti because all there ever is is bloody Renault 5s in it. Couple of months ago there was a lovely Megane Coupe, now that was a work of art.

...172 is defo a hot hatch so rather than get annoyed at not many modded about, i get annoyed that nobody mentions them on TV shows or magazine group tests in the same breath as CTR, LEON CUPRA-R, GOLF GTI etc.. but theres a price diffo... and so that must mean that the cup and 172 sit below in a different hothatch price league ................

Polo GTI or Lupo GTI, Seat Ibiza Cupra, Mini Cooper (not S because of price)

So by that token it must be the FASTEST HOTHATCH AROUND for the price/group sector yay!! :cool:

((cant stand being compared to £16000 CTR... £500 max discount on those cos of residuals... where as £12000 for my 172 (climate included + cdchanger WTF!!... still cups even cheaper and the speed difference on 11K vs 16K isnt that great Power to price))

IMO

Yeah, whens Clarkson gonna give the Cup a good hammering around a track, and show the nation what a beast it is!!!

We need exposure. Then more people will give it the respect its due!!

i agree with rich172, and i hate the max power car review crap, they talk more about how many times the guy knobed his gf in the back set, why bother with all that, no one cares about his life, only the car mods.