ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no fuel

hi there,

i have a renault clio 1.2 2000

the other day we finished fitting a new cam belt,water pump & clutch, as a few of you might know you have to remove the engine to do this. so we fitted all the new parts built everything back up and back in to the car, but when we tryed to start the car it would not start (but start first time before we did this) the fuel pump does not prime relays are working (we can hear them click). if we spray easy start in to the air flow it will start but die after a few seconds, so we are looking for any help.

many thanks

Clio
Am I pointing out the obvious If so please feel free to take the p£&s out of me but if the fuel relay is working then do you get 12 volts at the pump ?

Press the red button in the engine bay to eliminate that.

Oh and you don't have to remove the engine to do that. Infact, it probably took longer to do that than to do it in the car.