ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no grip in 1st gear when accelerating hard! normal?

106 gti
alright guys iv just purchased a 172 cup and its awsome apart from if i want to floor it in 1st, ill get the usual wheel spin then the front wheels just dont grip they just jump and judder and vibrate, i just cant get the power down at all surely this cant be normal? apart from that the car drives fine theres no unusual sounds or rattles/knocks.
any help would be awsome! thanks

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
You mean your doing a burnout? The gearbox's on clios don't like doing them, they just judder.

106 gti
no im not tryin to do a burnout or proper dumping the clutch, i just cant accelrate slightly hard with out it juddering, nd no not in the wet, iv driven quite a few cars nd it just doesnt seem normal, surely you should be able to drive a clio sport fast once in a while..

106 gti
its just beacuse it does it all the way through the gear im not worried about the start. its just i cant drive fast in 1st at all really and it just seemed weird, i was just seein if any-one knew if something may need replacing to help or solve it, thanks

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like
a) You're doing a stupidly high rev launch. Anything over 3-4k is completely retarded and pointless.
b) Driving fast isn't about setting off between lights. I don't have any idea when I last drove fast and had to do it from 1st gear, I'm usually travelling at circa 30-40 and hit a NSL area.
c) The juddering is axle tramp. Clio's suffer from it really bad
d) You need better tyres.
e) You sound like a traffic light warrior. Maybe you should have bought a straight line car rather than a "drivers" car.

Replace the car with a saxo or corsa then park on mc donalds chuffing off at kev trendy in his wicked innit vtr wheel spinning

106 gti
cheers, no im not doin stupidly high rev launches, i know i agree u dont have to floor it in 1st nd is mostly pointless, but when i just bought it i thought id see what its like, i dont drive like it normally, i didnt mean to come across as an idiot who just rags the sh*t out of it everywhere like a muppet i just thought id see if anyone has had similar because it doesnt seem right.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What tyres are they out of interest.

And I'm glad you're not the typical wanker driver, tbh if you were you would have started swearing and writing in text speak by now.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tbf, the OP sounds like a normal human. I think we should give him another chance and explain to him about tyres on the clio's, and the chocolate engine/gearbox mounts.

I think that's his issue as he doesn't type like a bellend so probably isn't one.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Mine is the same..Just trying to take off quick without being a muppet and it spins.........But my tyres are fooked so im sure thats why lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'd even class the toyos as mid range tyres. Hankook too in my opinion.

Look at Michelin, Pirelli, Conti, Vredestein.