ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Horn

White Sti Hatch
Right swapped over my lovly melted Mk3 Wheel for a R27 jobbie, far as i can remember the horn worked before hand lol ! ne way since changing it horn dosnt work ive swapped the fuse in the fuse box and still no joy anyone have ne more bright ideas ?

Skoda Fabia vRS
we have done a few horns on Mk3 Clios now at work, i wouldnt be surprised if its buggered

White Sti Hatch
This will sounds like a stupid question but is there any way to check other than the obvious one ??

White Sti Hatch
Bump for this !

Got the horn off n going over it with my Multimeter on Buzzer. going between the prongs gets a dead short (buzz) that ment to be the case ????

Also at the connector if i ram the probs in either hole and push the horn the buzzer dosnt sound also tryed this with the meter on DC and get no voltage when horns pressed.

I needs help here ! i miss my Horn already !

White Sti Hatch
just took a lead from the live on the battery to both terminals on the horn itself one at a time and both at once and the horn didnt sound ! im asuming its fucked or do i need to take a neutral/earth to it at the same time ?

White Sti Hatch
That you need a kick up the arse :rasp:

Domestic sparky not an Auto Sparky so i wanna know if my thoguhts are right or not !

106 GTI
If its not working straight from the battery id say its dead

Get an aftermarket one like the dukes of hazzard or something and drive round the local schools

Pedo20bear.png

White Sti Hatch
Was lookin at them lol would be brill kinda want a Train horn though just to scare the s**t out of folk !

172 cup
this happend to me but from a mk2 ph2 as the horn sits at the front, when washing your car with a jet wash, water seem to get into the cracks... well thats how mine was fooked

try putting the standard wheel back and see if its just the new 1

it won't work without an earth...or at least my old clio horn wouldn't... so you'll need to a wire from each terminal to the earth and battery (i'm not sure if it matters which terminal though)

145db Euro'd clio
go on youtube and type in fog horn in car. someone fitted a fog horn in their car off a ocean liner. just goes around driving up behind people and scaring the s**t out of people. its f*cking hilarious. theres one when he scares some like american gangsta and they scream like little girls and run down the road!

White Sti Hatch
Right Orig Wheel back on and horn still dosnt work blasted the horn with 12V direct from the battery n it works fine so what else can it be ? i tryed shorting out the 2 connectors behind the wheel that are for the horn and it didnt sound either !

Want this sorted folks

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Checked all the wiring along?

Can you make up two wires from the horn sounder to the battery and the stering wheel?
So you make a full circuit, as soon as pressed it should go beep, if not then there is a fault at the wheel end.
Basically just bypass the renauult wire incase that is a fault.

Swapped the fuse too?

White Sti Hatch
Swaped the fuse out first and nothing, took wires from battery to horn n it worked (scared the s**t out o me) i shorted out the connections at the rear of the wheel for the horn n it still didnt work :/

What earth connection though ! ? everything else working fine

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
I fitted a Stebel Nautilus air horn to my 172.

Makes a greate sound. Just make sure you use the relay to wire it up with. Draws quite a lot of amps.

White Sti Hatch
Standard ones fine so it dosnt need to be replaced its something else thats fucked witch i cant figure out !