ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'no power to ECU'

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I am about to be given a 1.4 clio alize, when it was taken to the garage their computer read 'no power to ECU'

Im thinking of sending the ECU to a refurb place. It was running fine until it was not used for a month or two, the battery was flat and that was that, could not jump start or bump start. The jump leads were connected properly aswel so no issues there! Any advice would be great before I open my wallet ;)

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Its possible there's a break in the wiring harness where it connects to the ECU. I had it with mine. Someone had used a probe into the live feed and left a hole in the insulation which allowed water to penetrate into the core of the wire and caused it to corrode to the point that it just crumbled into green powder. I had to get an auto electrician to graft in a new section of wire.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
First thing to check if it's a Clio II is the main control relay in the passenger wing as these can die resulting in no power issues. Then, as above, either yourself or an auto-spark will need to test the loom for continuity and repair/replace if required. I do this alot!

Mick

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
The main problem I have is that the car is 400 miles away from me in Northumberland. There are no auto sparks where the car is and none will make the journey as its 1.30 mins away from either newcastle or edinburgh. Its a clio II. If the loom is knackered how much will it cost to replace/repair (roughly)??

Im not even sure if the electrics have had a continuity check! Im gonna send the ECU to ECU-doctor.co.uk. Its only 30 quid for a check on it and 120 for a rebuild.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Update, not sending the ECU away, going to get the car towed to the garage and they will find the break in the circuit causing the ECU not to get power. Have been told it can take hours narrowing down the fault! :( Cowboy mechanics more like! Wish i was closer so I could do it myself!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
In all fairness it can take a while as unless the fault is obvious there is a lot of wiring to look thru and most of it is hidden under loom tape and plastic.

First thing that NEEDS to be checked is the operation of the main control relays

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
struggling to get a mobile auto electrician out to berwick upon tweed in northumberland. Any help would be great in finding one??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'll gladly offer my services but i'd need your full address details to be able to price up the callout charge... to be honest, due to the distance, I'd proberbly do a job like this on a fixed fee rather than charge by the hour.

If you're interested drop me an email via my website contact form

Mick