ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no room behind the head unit

My head unit wont fit all the way in because of this! Just too many wires and not enough room.

Does any1 ave the same problem?

How did you overcome this or just leave the head unit slightly out?

Stu.

Punto/Clio GTT

get your hand up the back of it and pull your rcas to the side and push your head unit in hard.. takes a few tries but it will eventually go in far enough so it pops in place. i had same problem, just patience

Its tough, but can be done - I have my Hands Free Kit behind there too.. just have to push wires around until it goes in.. can take a while.. just dont force it etc.. cus wires can break.

Mines a Mk1..

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

had the same with my mk2, a NIGHTMARE to fit...

the first pioneer (deh-p7500mp) was hard enough, but now ive got my 80MP theres just too many wires, surpressors, plugs, etc etc - had to take the top of the dash off, and it was still a nightmare to fit... lol

[Edited by Friction on 09 January 2005 at 6:49pm]

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

rate fuker, u just have to get ur hands behind and pull all the crap to each side, then lots of force hehe

Im not sure about the others, but in the sport, theres a panel above the din slot which has the three buttons - locking, hazard and demister I think. Anyhow, you can pull that panel off (it just clips in) and from there you can see a big space above the head unit. You can wedge all the wires up above the HU behind this panel and the HU should fit in. Itll always be a bit of a squeeze.

Nissan R35 GT-R

There is a suprising amount of space to the left of the head unit (below it).

I had so much fitted in there. Crossovers for my tweeters, a connects2 box (stalk and display adapter) and all of the existing wires.

Just tuck it all down the hole on the lefthand side and youll be fine.

Still a tight fit though!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

haha i was doing this last night. had to fit my aux cable for my ipod, took my ages to get the headunit in - just keep trying it will fit.

silver valver/hybrid

what i did was to cable tie some of the wires together, then use the long zip to (gently!) pull the cables to one side with one hand and push the head unit back with tother.