ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no spark?

rps13
battery drain?

earth strapping?

check the alternator cable is hooked up and secure, they commonly corrode.

Megane dci 130
Did you put the new blue loom on aswell? If so, check your wires are the right way round. Its different on the new one.

Clio Sport 172
yeh new blue loom aswel. wel both are marked with A and B, so made sure that the wire that was connected to A on the old connector went to A on the new connector,is that correct?

Clio Sport 172
right guys update! Removd all relays, cleaned them and wd40'd them. Stil turning but not firing! So I done the self diagnostic and cleared the t and h fault,then it fired up. Would they be the faults loged by a faulty TDC sensor which i have replaced? Ran it for 10 mins no prob,switched it off and started it up about 4 times and no probs. Left it for 10-20 mins and it wouldnt start again!! So my mises old man who has a seat ibiza cupra r knows his way round that inside out after moding it extremely, so he knows about sensors, fuel flow etc...after looking at my car (doesnt realy know where everything is on these clios so a learning curve for him!) i tried starting it with him there and turning but not firing, after a cnuple of mins of mesing about with it he was listening for the fuel pump priming, ignition on and in the enghjne bay you can hear what we think is the fuel pump kicking in(not sure if it is fuel pump tho, thot that might be in by tank?) or some sort of fuel solenoid, sensor etc..and it keeps on purging/running,stops for a few secs and does it again as if it pressureising the fuel system!so he thinks it fuel related and not geting fuel there until presurised, or could be a bloked fuel filter and restricting the flow for start up, but runs fine when its going? Put the theory to the test, left it for 10 mins,trid it, turning over but not firing,left ignition on for a min or so (i could hear what i think is the pump working) turned keys off then back on and it fires up, its as if i need to let the fuel get in the system/pressurise? Get me? So on that theory, it might fo worked after doing the self diag as the pump had been runing for 2 mins while ignition was on..what you think guys?