ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No user manual & exhuast gas light on (I think!) Any ideas? :o)

2001 Clio 172
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone can help or has had the same problem, I've got a Y reg 172, yesterday I was heading off to the shops & my car wasn't pulling properly, it was spluttery, worse when low revs & what I'm guessing to be the exhuast light was flashing.

Has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

My exhuast has dropped of twice this year & been fixed, could it be something to do with this?

Thanks a lot, non technical damsel in distress!

PS not sure this is the correct description of the light which is on! a guy told me that's what it was but seems an odd light to have on a car! had a quick flick through other problem threads & someone's called this light the coolant light?!

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
sounds like a fault with the CAT, i'd imagine its the emissions light your talking about

www.renparts.co.uk
if its a ph1 172 ive got a cat if its needed. You wouldn't want to price one up at renault, they are over 800 quid iirc.

LY 182
before you do any of that it needs diagnosing imo.
save you throwing parts it may or may not need at it

2001 Clio 172
IMG_2777a.JPG

Here's pic as requeste! it's the light on the right that came on! anyone know decent garage in rossendale??! new to area so at a total loss!

Thanks everyone Kel x

IMG_2777a.JPG

Here's pic as requeste! it's the light on the right that came on! anyone know decent garage in rossendale??! new to area so at a total loss!

Thanks everyone Kel x

Could be anyhting realy to be sure get it on a computer and check what the fault codes are.

IMG_2777a.JPG

Thanks everyone Kel x

Its the toxic gas warning...could be a few things...air flow sensors, lambada sensor,
Cat problems.. your best bet is to0get it on a diagnostic machine about £45 at Renault...you can also by them cheaper of ebay but make sure it can reset fault codes.

2001 Clio 172
To everyone who was kind enough to take the time to read & post a reply on my thread
THANK YOU VERY MUCH :O) x

Just so you know the outcome of my little problem ... i took it to the garage & when i was on my way there the car fixed itself & there is now nothing wrong with it & no error code was found for the preivous problem!! Great news if a little annoying.

Shhh
i have this on the 182 yesterday,

shall see how it goes, then call the AA out and get them to plug there computer in for free..

it was really cold yesterday, maybe that is a factor